Sign in to follow this  
motocross

Survivor Idea.

So I'm at school so i'll keep this short and sweet. I was thinking last night as I am now capped and unable to play. I thought about survivors and your starting area. What if in a soon or later patch the survivors generally took ''over'' a town. Now wait, before you go ah pvp, game ruining shit idea.

I was thinking a small town, either on the coast maybe in-between Chern and Elek. Possibly Prigorodky, or outside there just set up a simple set of houses and small barricades. Or a little way in-land possibly Mogilevka.

Now he pvp issue, would it be possible to add a no-ff zone into the map where friendly fire is not on. I think this would add another level to the game with zombies being spawned outside the town and being attracted to noise making constant threat to the city. This is where many other things could come to the game. Eg shops, yo can go scavenging and come back and sell it all for that extra clip of ammo you need so bad etc. With this also comes with an addition to the player interaction. This town could be a safe haven for players, making working together easier and stopping people from being pushed to be a bandit. People can be in the town and ask who wants to come out with them ect, pushing interaction to its limit. This town is only a suggestion but I think it would be a good idea or investment. As the creator himself said, shit is getting serious. If you want to think about making this into a proper game you need to have somewhere for people ad players just to hang out and interact without fear of being shot in the head. With this, it also leaves the possibility to become a bandit, leaving you able to hide out in a town waiting for an adventurer. As I said this is just a suggestion, but I feel having a semi- safe place to hang out for a while and gather your bearings would be a very cool thing to add to this already wonderful game.

Now as a side note, bandits. Would they be allowed back into the player owned town. It i up to you guys and how you fell, I have listed two possible towns, perhaps a second town for bandits would work well.

Thanks for reading and I hope you appreciate my idea. Feel free to leave criticism or ideas.

Cheers - Moto :)

I dont like this idea, of respawning in a city, noob fest for bandits who just kill for the lols? no thx.

But i actually like the idea of a camp/city of "humans", but without this shitty of non-pvp zone.

pvp ON, under HEAVY guard of NPCs good at aim, with good equipments, and something like Cerberus AI from cs(Bot take 0,5 sec to take you down with a head shot)

Adding a trade center, a objective for Bandits, kill the NPCs and take their equipments, and for survivors, defend the camp.

Maybe something like "if you scavenger a dead bodie inside the camp you get tag of bandit. And if you "save" a npc/player in the camp you get something like bullets.

I mean it's the End of World, people will want some kind of reward for saving someone.

And bandits will band together to attack the camp get the equips.

Making, it something extremely fun. IMO.

And don't come with that "people can do that right now" because IF the servers had like 1000~2000 like some MMO, the creation of some "safe place" guarded by players are going to happen.

But lets face, what's the point of trying to create a "safe place" in a server where of 40~50 players 15 are bandits?

Thx for the Attention.

Divinorium.

Because thoes 15 bandits get realy fucking annoying. Good idea with the gaurd npcs.

Quick edit - I wanted to renforce that the towns I listed are actualy very small and unimportant, so it wouldent be a big city like chern w/e. Just somthing to stay in from time to time.

How about you just put this camp place on the really high, flat ground NE of Stary Sobor with a few guard emplacements and sandbags between the buildings, maybe a firehouse in the middle. People wouldn't be able to snipe into it, survivor snipers would be able to snipe out of it with ease (as there is very little to no cover around it) and different groups could take it over and claim it. It's also smack bang in the middle of the map - between Old Fields and Gorka.

It could have a few cool spawns and generally look a bit madmax militarised.

You could also give missions and tasks from there, or have "shops."

Similarly, you could have a bandit camp set up in a similar way somewhere really far north in the map - near Olsha or NW of NWAF.

If you have NPCs there, just have them faction specific so one only serves one faction (survivor or bandit). They should be killable and unarmed.

This would give a more natural playing dynamic. Similarly, both camps should have a helipad and gates wide enough to drive through. It'd be quite easy to get in and out via car safely.

I was thinking more along the lines of making survivors work together more and stop allot of the unessential pvp and bandit killing, but your idea is very good. Perhaps a way to combine the two together?

The easiest way to make survivors work together is to generate more desirable large group activities. Implementing constricting, forced AI anti-PvP entirely kills the immersion and robs people of choice. If I'm a sociopathic bandit, sometimes I'll be hunted by a group of survivors, sometimes I'll strike and succeed. The reality is that right now the ratio of sociopathic bandits to survivors is a bit in favour of the bandits, as there aren't that many group encouraged activities or things to do once you've got your M24 with 12 mags. I think this train of thought re camps has a lot of potential.