Sign in to follow this  
Program12

Lag Spikes

Hello everyone. I have been playing DayZ since December of last year. And enjoying it very much of course, I continued to play it. Recently however when I log into ANY DayZ server, I experience lag spikes that last about 1 second long and occur every 5-10 seconds. This has not happened to me before, any way I can fix this?

Things I have tried:

Re installing Arma2 CO

Re installing DayZ

Re installing Chernarus/Namalsk: The maps I play on

Has your PC recently taken a dive in any other aspects of its use? It could be the result of a ram stick dying or your graphics card taking a dump, which are the most common issues old PCs have that haven't been dropped extensively.

Have you installed any programs recently that have an autorun on startup? It could be said new program is using up too much of your CPU.

Finally: Have you changed your graphic settings? I've noticed ArmA 2 suddenly get really choppy and changing my graphic settings to bare minimum, then back, clears it up for whatever reason.

I've had the same DayZ experience of 1 second freeze-frames, but not nearly as often as 5-10 seconds. It occurs to me when all the zombies spawn in/all the textures load/or all the blown up vehicles, custom buildings, fire places, and et-cetera render in, since my PC is suddenly adjusting to keeping track of a bunch of new things really suddenly.

What kind of PC are you running? Do some research into your motherboard, graphics card, and ram. See if they have a history of crapping out routinely around XXX amount of time?

I don't know if this posts will help, but it counts as a "Bump" so maybe someone that knows what they're talking about will see it. :)

• Like 1

I have however recently installed a brand new Sapphire HD 7850 graphics card so I highly doubt that's the problem. I did however install a new WiFi card. I don't understand how this would be a problem, though, because as far as I know, my OLD WiFi card ran the game just fine. I'm wondering if the problem could be server-side ping issues...

Nobody wants to help? Bump again, it was working btw for about 2 days, it just started doing this again

I have however recently installed a brand new Sapphire HD 7850 graphics card so I highly doubt that's the problem. I did however install a new WiFi card. I don't understand how this would be a problem, though, because as far as I know, my OLD WiFi card ran the game just fine. I'm wondering if the problem could be server-side ping issues...

Stop bumping yourself.

Anyway: Plug in directly to your router; WIFI cards limit the amount of bps you can get (thus ultimately limiting your gaming connection, regardless of how good your router and provider is)

I had major lag when running on a wifi card. Swapped to a long Ethernet cable and goodbye lag.

Ethernet is not an option, not connecting a cord down my stairs, not drilling a hole in my house.

Stop bumping yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, you are allowed to bump yourself, just not more than once a day.

I re installed EVERYTHING, I'm starting to think I'm a hopeless cause D:

Id suggest taking your PC to your router just to test whether plugging in directly via ethernet makes a difference.

If it does then you know your wireless card/driver is most likely the cause.