My (now deceased) computer ran ArmA 2 and DayZ at about 25 - 30 fps and that was a horrible computer. It ran ArmA 1 at about 80fps, but who'd wanna play that?

7ctjUhO.png

for a minute there i thought he said that CoD was a professionally designed game...

he must be mistaken i'm pretty sure its just been a Ctrl+c Ctrl+v for 3 years now

Edited by beatSTV

Borrowing this thread for just a sec.

My setup is an AMD Phenom II x4 960t (At 3,2 GHz I think) w/ AMD Radeon HD 6870

(Availability to unlock the CPU's 2 remaining cores to make it a Hexacore, might aswell overclock it, but I have no experience what so ever in OC'ing, so a guide may help)

I normally get around 25-40 FPS while in a server with around 30-40 ppl. Is this normal for this setup? What can I do to improve the performance?

Incase you need more specifications; 8 GB RAM, HD's at 7200 RPM, Internet speed 100/10.

i had a similar set up except i had a 7770 i got 20-30 FPS that is usual, ive upgraded to a FX-6300 and 7870 i now get 40-50 FPS on very high

Like someone said, the game is very random at times in terms of performance.

I have a very old dual core processor, Radeon HD 5770 card and teeny bit of ram, yet run DayZ at 30-40 fps constantly. Not amazing, but certainly playable. Other gamers have far better rigs and struggle for 30 fps.

Trying various config settings, different servers and using Ramdisk help some, but won't help others. Trying different in-game graphic settings help some, yet barely improve performance on other systems.

DayZ, the mod is not very optimised. I can run ArmA2 itself with very high frame rates, yet the mod suffers. Because of this there is no sure-fire way of improving performance.

get over it i play on 20 fps on windowed mode not a big deal

• Like 1