jan-w_16@hotmail.com

How to implement NPC's in private hive server

Hey,

Recently I saw a video of FrankieOnPC on youtube where he goes to a certain area on the map that has NPC's.

That video gave me the idea to create a safe zone for n00bs on my server so that the NPC's will shoot players with humanity below 2500.

But I also saw a video where players kill a whole base full of NPC's so I wasn't quite sure if it's a really good protection for n00bs.

So that's why I wanted to add a little thing: If bandits/players kill 1 or more NPC's, they will be kicked/teleported or something like that.

I've searched the whole web on how to do this but the posts I found were a bit too unclear for me so if somebody would be so kind to

post a good tutorial here on how to add NPC's. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards.

Our server admins have added NPCs and their difficulty can be set so if you want really powerful ones to protect new players you can give them snipers and set them to maximum difficulty. As for teleportation you can use the silent warrior mod but I'm not sure you can configure it to teleport for killing an NPC. You can set the dome to allow entry based on humanity or GUID though. Sadly I don't know how to script so I can't help you on that side of things but I hoped this info helped never the less.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the SW tool with the dome's but it didn't actually work as we expected.

Problem 1: For the dome to be active, you have to have the program running. We don't have a server with 3d gpu so no 24/7 protection.

Problem 2: There was a insane lag on the program detection system: Unauthorized people could enter easily and be there for a long time without any warning from the dome..... So I decided to uncheck that possibility from my list of options.

Several other options were also not achievable so I finally had only one option left: NPC's.

So if there's anyone who can send me a good script for it, I would be very happy.

Thank you very much enRage, this is where I've been looking for! :)

Just one thing: I read in there that AI takes own vehicles. Can I disable that so they don't take any vehicles?