Sign in to follow this  
crazedx89

Extremely Low FPS, I know.

Hey Guys,

Im looking for some help with my FPS. Now I've been reading around google and here on the forums. Ive came across many different sugguestions and even read a few here. I hate to be that broken record but I dont know what else I can do to make the game playable. So here's the details and I hope maybe someone can help me out. Before running the optimizations I found here with this link: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38865-how-to-increase-fpssmooth-out-the-game/ I was getting about 20 Frames in the middle of no where, then about 8 to 12 in the main cities. If I entered a city my frames drop that low then hold there untill I close the game out and come back in.

After the optimizations im still getting the same issues. only now i am getting about 25 frames in the middle of no where, and 10 to 12 in major cities. It makes no sense to me at all because my system isn't horrible and runs many other games like a dream.

These are my specs:

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition 2.6Ghz Quad-Core

8GB of RAM

GeForce GTX 550Ti with 1GB of Ram, 22inch Widescreen monitor at 1680X1050 Res 16:9 wide.

320GB SATA 3.0/GBs HDD

and windows 7 ultimate x64

Ive tried it all, and tryed the config file edits. Is there anything at all I can do to get this working? I know my brother has a close setup to mine with the same video card and hes able to get 50 frames no problem with max settings.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Most the time it depends on the servers which is why it requires restarts.

Problem is, the mod isn't optimized with the game which causes client side issues(Players) .. Lag happens most when you join a higher player count server and with the impact they leave such as killing zombies and their bodies remain in the game until restarts, a lot of things start to change. Such as sluggish response, latency lag, frames drop and such.

Your specs are fine for ARMA 2/DayZ; should handle it.

Refer to these..

• Used Startup Parameters; correct? ( )
  • Changed your resolution to windowed(can adjust size); correct? ( )
  • Changed in-game settings; correct? ( )
  • Checked documents for GPU detected frames ahead adjustments? (0 sets it for your best computer default, 1 is lowest); correct? ( )
  • Checked background processes; correct? ( )
  • Perform disc cleaner/defragment; correct? ( )

(Changing resolution makes it so your computer won't work so hard with more pixels)

I wont spoil youre dreams, but that cpu of youres is first gen Phenom cpu from AMD, it was good back in the days (2007-2008)

Old tech it is, modern games are demanding and needs a fast cpu, prefeer a quad. And with fast speed and a good memory controller.

Even if you can overclock that cpu, its still slow compare to the newer cpu`s even if they they run at lower speed.

For Arma 2 and Dayz you need something abit moore modern tech buddy... (if you wanna have a good gaming experience)

Thanks for the tips guys, I guess I'll just have to be upgrading sometime soon.

What are your video settings? Thing's like shadows need to be set to disabled or normal/high, Low settings puts them onto the CPU.

List your settings here, see what I can come up with

Edited by Rossymond

The game is just very bad for FPS. I've had my AMD machine run better than my i7 at times. Many times i go on to my fav server and get low fps switch over to my other pc to see if its the server. but my $500 amd machine running it with better fps..Its very weird i try restarting it but really doesn't help. I can run all games on max and my outdated amd runs this game better. Pretty much why i stopped playing but come back to the forums to see if anyone has a fix or solution.

My current in game settings are as follows:

Visibility: 2400

Brightness: 1.0

Gamma: 1.0

Texture Detail: normal

Video Memory: Default

Anisotropic Filtering: normal

Antialising: normal

ATOC: disabled

Terrain Detail: normal

Object Detail: normal

Shadow Detail: High

HDR Quality: normal

PPAA: disabled

Postprocess Effects: disabled

Vsync: disabled

Interface resolution: 1680x1050

3D resolution: 1680X1050

I hope this helps, currently I am still getting 10 to 20 frames or less while running of a ram disk