Sign in to follow this  
timedance

1x Arma original + 2x Opteration Arrowhead... vs. 2 players - possible?

As the title says... I have following orginal copies bought:

1x Arma original (1x orginal serial) + 2x Operation Arrowhead (2x orginal serial)

The idea and my question is, if I can make dayz work for 2 players(on 2 seperate pc because I want to play with my girlfriend) ??

can I install my one and only orginal arma for each pc - and than a seperate operation arrowhead(than arrowhead has 2 different serials) ?

short faq:

PC1

Orginal Arma2 serial xxx + Operation arrowhead serial 1

PC2

Orginal Arma2 serial xxx + Operation arrowhead serial 2

will it work? who can it confirm?

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Yep. There are much better things to do with a girlfriend though ;)

• Like 2

1. :D

2. ...another arma2 full buying? shit :/

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Yep. There are much better things to do with a girlfriend though ;)

Wrong.

It would work like so:

On her PC:

Install ARMA II and ARMA II: OA as normal.

On your PC:

Install ARMA II: Free and ARMA II: OA.

Whoever gets ARMA II: Free will have worse graphics, so perhaps install it on the weaker rig.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

Wrong.

It would work like so:

On her PC:

Install ARMA II and ARMA II: OA as normal.

On your PC:

Install ARMA II: Free and ARMA II: OA.

Whoever gets ARMA II: Free will have worse graphics, so perhaps install it on the weaker rig.

thank you for info... - so, I will try it with Arma2 free and OA... - will there also "playwithsix" work? (I will take it for easier installation)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

use arma free on one installation, he will have low res textures but at least you will be able to play on both copys

ive had alot of trouble getting launcher to work with this set up but dayz comander works with it if you change the path settings, not sure about 6. i use spirited machine launcher and manually enter the files. you can then save a shotrcut will all the mod files you wish to use which in turn can be added to steam so you can use steam overlay (invaluable whilst running long periods)

Edited by RayPugh
  • Like 1

use arma free on one installation, he will have low res textures but at least you will be able to play on both copys

ive had alot of trouble getting launcher to work with this set up but dayz comander works with it if you change the path settings, not sure about 6. i use spirited machine launcher and manually enter the files. you can then save a shotrcut will all the mod files you wish to use which in turn can be added to steam so you can use steam overlay (invaluable whilst running long periods)

sounds difficult :/

no, its easy. but like i say if you want to click and forget use commander. if you want further info on using spirited machine launcher then i can help or theres plenty of info pages on the subject, link i think he covers it in his 3rd video in that series

Edited by RayPugh

thank you for info... - so, I will try it with Arma2 free and OA... - will there also "playwithsix" work? (I will take it for easier installation)

Yes, although I personally use DayZCommander for DayZ-specific updates.

• Like 1

Yes, although I personally use DayZCommander for DayZ-specific updates.

do you also use arma2-free?

No, I purchased Combined Operations, which comes with both. It has been confirmed to work with ArmA II: Free.

• Like 1

i just re read my post and realized im making it sound fairly complex. to use spirited machine simply dl it make sure you have arma 2 free installed and run it one time to regester, do the same for arrowhead, now run the launcher.

on the launch options tab you can enter the path of your arma 2 free installation, do the same for OA

dl the dayz mod files and put them in a folder called addons which inturn should be in a folder called @dayz this should be placed in your OA installation folder, chances are this will have been done for you if you download the torrent for the mod files.

now you have the mod files in the right place, goto the addons tab. you will see dayz in the left pain if the previous step was succesfull. drag it into the groups folder on the right pain, and check adons group and dayz check boxes.

the launcher is ready to run on paper, but you might want to grab the lastes beta patch and route those also as most if not all dayz servers use beta. theres a link on the launcher tab to dl it. the exe location is operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe put this in both beta targets and you shoud be good to go.

this may sound like a bunch of bulll but when you have used the launcher a few times it becomes easy. i might just be an old hasbean but i like to do things manually.

to use dayz commander, which in my opinion is far less clunky than 6, just have both games installed and run one time to reg, then edit the arma 2 directory in settings of dayz commander. you download all the modfiles maunally through the install/update tab. they will auto install once downloaded.

No problemo. If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM.

• Like 1