Sign in to follow this  
Laberhistan

Lexgamers Love to Ban

So I'm playing on a active admin Lex gamers server. Admins were running around for days killing peeps and I happen accross them in the airfield. Well they got a shot off on me and killed me. Now keep in mind ive never hacked or even looked up hacks but for some reason it spawned me right behind the hangers with all my gear as if I didn't die. Idk if it was cause they was hacking and it bugged or it was a admin glitch. Well anyways I decided to get my revenge and go around the corner and I kill both of them (which is less then they deserved). As you can imagine they start to whine and fuss and start calling me a hacker. Even though I denied it, as you know it doesnt matter. I could of ran back there and got some new weapons and killed them and they woulda called it the same thing. The odd thing is I was able to kill 2 of them but the third that was there I shot at least twice in the head with a sniper rifle (and I know they landed) and he didn't die. At any rate it wasn't a few minutes later and I was banned for you guessed it hacking. When I accautly don't even hack at all. So I figured I would put this out there for all you peeps to be warned of Lexgamers servers and their admins abuseing powers (and possible hacking, although I don't wanna be like them and blame them straight out for it) coulda been server lag or a bug as what happened to me who knows. But what really got me was the abuse of powers and he claiming to "check the logs" when he accautly did not. If he had he woulda seen I was not hacking but oh well. So heres to you Lexgamers you are true winners, I mean whiners.

Oh and if I didn't mention it was a Admin Ban not a Battleye Ban... Figured I'd best throw that in there after reading those threads =]

Oh and one more thing I would like to point out after searching quiet a few sites. It aperently is "Known and confirmed bug" So this obviously does not make me a hacker as for one site http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Known_Bugs. Not sure that I can link sites here but wanted to back up my claim. =]

I am an admin on Lexgamers server Taviana (not one of the admins that was involved) but I want to point out that mistakes do happen (because our admins are human). But to come here and complain about our server is pretty low and further justifies your ban. You had the option to come to our TS (ts.lexgamers.com:6522) and actually talk to an admin or even come to our website (Lexgamers.com) and appeal your ban, both of which options are given to you upon joining our server. Note that this is a private server and we do not take any chances on our players getting screwed by a hacker.

Whether you were hacking or not is not even the case now. My apologies for the ban, but since you chose to take this route, your ban will remain.

SyndicateFaction,

In game name Syndawg

Lets get one thing straight here. I had been on your server for all of 2 days. And yes I came here because it is a "ban appeal" site. Im not gonna jot down every TS address nor website address of servers that I join and there is not many that do. I join so many servers to get away from hackers that trying to find a home server to stay at anymore is nearly impossible. So to be marked as something I hate deeply is beyond "low" as you put it and furthermore I did not blame nor ban any of your peeps. You coulda settled it on the game but choose to ban instead of ask even though I had said something. Even if it was not you is there not rules for this for your server? Or you just ban everyone that you "feel" is a hacker and sort it out later. Your gonna get alot of angry letters / forum posts down that path man. So to respond to my comment with even more hate is not that path to go and at this point I wouldn't even want back on your server anyways. To ridicule someone for your mistake (and I say your mistake because you are a admin and therefore should have control/rules over what other admins do) is your own fault. I will leave this post with that and best of luck to your "server"

The admin is being taken care of FYI. The ridicule was due to you deciding to come here and try to bash the server. If you cared enough to come here and complain, then you could have taken the time to get the correct info to plea your case. I am not saying you are a hacker, in fact I'm pretty certain you're not. But coming here and complaining about us is what will keep you banned. Not appreciated at all. Good Luck in your search for a home server.

P.S. I was never in anyway hateful or disrespectful to you in any of my replies.

Edit: You did not kill an admin and get banned. You killed a regular on the server and they happened to be in TS at the time and they sought out guidence from said admin. Yes the admin acted prematurely, I agree with that.

As you can see by the "bug" you posted, it is very easy to be confused with a hack.

Edited by SyndicateFaction

welcome to the world or private hives, my group once got banned from a clan server because we assaulted their camp.

it spawned me right behind the hangers with all my gear as if I didn't die.

Usually if you magically spawned right where you where before, you'll probably get called a hacker.

It may have been a mistake, but I can see on why those guys banned you.

• Like 3

Usually if you magically spawned right where you where before, you'll probably get called a hacker.

I agree, it would have been irresponsible not to ban even if for a very short time to comb logs and find out what happened. If they didn't know about the bug there's no way they could have possibly doubted it was a hacker, I mean you just died yet you're right there again with gear it's insanely suspicious.

As for the actual ban appeal I'd say it's not right to leave you banned since you didn't do anything wrong, though maybe you could have had more restraint instead of taking advantage of the bug and killing them unfairly

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

Read the solution for the bug (second from the top) http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/Known_Bugs

all this means is whoever wrote that is encouraging exploiting the bug. I'm not saying if it happens you go kill yourself but jeez don't have to make yourself look like a hacker and run back to people who got you and shoot them, it's a pretty slack move.

• Like 1

all this means is whoever wrote that is encouraging exploiting the bug. I'm not saying if it happens you go kill yourself but jeez don't have to make yourself look like a hacker and run back to people who got you and shoot them, it's a pretty slack move.

Well yeah, but the typical reaction to being gunned down and then re-spawning nearby geared up would be to take them out. Pretty sure everybody would of made the same choice.

• Like 1

Well yeah, but the typical reaction to being gunned down and then re-spawning nearby geared up would be to take them out. Pretty sure everybody would of made the same choice.

still doesn't make it right and it just gives the other people a reason to get pissed off. On the other hand it's pretty rare and I guess its nothing major so to hell with it

I am an admin on Lexgamers server Taviana (not one of the admins that was involved) but I want to point out that mistakes do happen (because our admins are human). But to come here and complain about our server is pretty low and further justifies your ban. You had the option to come to our TS (ts.lexgamers.com:6522) and actually talk to an admin or even come to our website (Lexgamers.com) and appeal your ban, both of which options are given to you upon joining our server. Note that this is a private server and we do not take any chances on our players getting screwed by a hacker.

Whether you were hacking or not is not even the case now. My apologies for the ban, but since you chose to take this route, your ban will remain.

SyndicateFaction,

In game name Syndawg

WAIT WUT? he makes a thread asking why he gets banned with a known bug. This is where people come to ask about bans you should have given him the TS details and spoken about it instead of just sticking with the ban bad fucking form man. To the OP welcome to Private Hives

But to come here and complain about our server is pretty low and further justifies your ban.

No, it is not low. In fact, it is the very reason for this section of the forum. If there is any embarrassment, it was caused by a premature ban (though it seemed a reasonable reaction, actually), BUT moreso, by your responses.

Had you simply said either "yes, we acknowledge it was premature, it will be sorted." or even "We'll look into it. We take these matters seriously," you would have accomplished the opposite of ridicule; you would have garnered respect from this user, and from the readers of the forum. You would have communicated that you are responsible, mature admins, and probably would have drawn additional players to your server. You make your server look bad here. You.

I agree with him.

If you "magically" reappear with all your stuff in a spot that you obviously had the drop on them from (since you killed 2 and shot the 3rd twice) and then whine that they called you a hacker... you have to be pretty ignorant, sorry. I mean, I've played this game for a while and this glitch has never happened to me.

Plus, there are no spawn points by the NWAF, so sorry, I call BS on your story. The only out of place one I know of is inside a house in Stary Sobor.

No, it is not low. In fact, it is the very reason for this section of the forum. If there is any embarrassment, it was caused by a premature ban (though it seemed a reasonable reaction, actually), BUT moreso, by your responses.

Had you simply said either "yes, we acknowledge it was premature, it will be sorted." or even "We'll look into it. We take these matters seriously," you would have accomplished the opposite of ridicule; you would have garnered respect from this user, and from the readers of the forum. You would have communicated that you are responsible, mature admins, and probably would have drawn additional players to your server. You make your server look bad here. You.

No, this ban was not premature. What they did was the right thing. You ban the supposed hacker before he screws up your server by nuking everyone. I mean come on, OP is obviously a scripter. If he's not, it's his fault for exploiting a glitch. He even has the audacity to call the admins scripters when he magically spawns back into the same area he was killed at in a better spot. Bullshit.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 1

Just to be clear, This was not the cheranus map it was origins. As for spawn points I have no idea where any of them are on the map because it can spawn it anywhere with the random choice really. Second, I didn't call them a hacker I said I didn't want to swoop to their level and just said that it may of still be glitchy and I said they might be hacking but at the same time it coulda been the bug as I previously stated. Third, I don't know of many people who wouldn't take advantage of that glitch if it happened to them are you saying you wouldn't after you just died and lost a good vehicle? If you say no then you are more then likely lieing. Also to point out I will say again which noone has seem to notice he claimed he was checking the logs and then the ban came. In reality he did not, 1 it was to quick and 2 he would of seen that in fact I was not hacking or scipting or w/e its called. And just cause a glitch hasn't happened to you doesnt mean it does not exist in fact I linked a credible site that you can read on if you did not look over all the facts. Now you guys can butcher what I said and twist it all you want. The fact remains I was banned after they claimed they was going to check the logs and didn't and the ban remained because I came to this site and to the ban appeal section and made a grevince about it. So that is the true problem not to mention how many people was on the server when I was banned. I ran into another one a few days ago and soon as I log on the server he tells the admin Im a hacker because of what happened on their server. Again I was banned from that server without even doing a thing on it just cause someone thought I was a hacker from a server he was on before. This is the real problem ruining my name I shouldn't have to change it because someone did not do their job. This is the entire reason I am upset. Other then that good or bad I do apperciate all your comments and best of luck to you all =}

I agree with him.

If you "magically" reappear with all your stuff in a spot that you obviously had the drop on them from (since you killed 2 and shot the 3rd twice) and then whine that they called you a hacker... you have to be pretty ignorant, sorry. I mean, I've played this game for a while and this glitch has never happened to me.

Plus, there are no spawn points by the NWAF, so sorry, I call BS on your story. The only out of place one I know of is inside a house in Stary Sobor.

No, this ban was not premature. What they did was the right thing. You ban the supposed hacker before he screws up your server by nuking everyone. I mean come on, OP is obviously a scripter. If he's not, it's his fault for exploiting a glitch. He even has the audacity to call the admins scripters when he magically spawns back into the same area he was killed at in a better spot. Bullshit.

No i agree the ban wasn't premature but the response that the ban would stick and no further action taken was BS. As for the glitch i played on CA35 breaking point last night got shot at the NEAF in the barracks, i then spawned back with all my gear in the exact same spot, i ran away hid in a tree and prayed i wouldnt be killed again, my character was 10 odd days old and for breaking point thats a fucking long time, however i mentioned it in the help desk and they said its a known bug, the servers where updated and i became a new spawn afterwoods. If you mean to tell me that you would kill yourself if you spawned again straight after you died with all your gear back you are lying.

I agree with him.

Oh rlly? "He" said this:

Yes the admin acted prematurely, I agree with that.

Yeah, blah blah blah. Two things. One: I didn't say the ban was premature, the server owner did, the person you apparently agree with. Second: There is not enough information to determine that the OP was or is a hacker. You're jumping to conclusions. My issue here is a server owner/admin who is banning someone because they used this forum to discuss their issue, which is fucking ridiculous. Next time you get caught up in your zeal to jump to conclusions and presume things, try reading the whole thread.

I agree with him.

If you bothered to read his post more carefully, he said he was agreeing with ME.

Edited by TheDerper121