Mountainhigh (DayZ)

Fast roping and rappelling

Hey there Dayz community,

I know this is mentiont some where, but there wasnt a topic about i( i could find).

So what i like to see is Fast-ropping and Rappelling from high buildings, towers, structures and Helicopters.

To give you an example, When you are on a high Industry structure and under fire from a bandit/enemy sniper.

What do you do? go all the way down true ladders and stairs as a easy shootingdisc?

Or you can go to the blind side(for the sniper) of the highbuilding and rappel your self down there and get the hell out of enemy fire range!?

Second example, when you want to grab and run with your friends and have a heli.

You can fly to the location(military, supermarket, medic, firestation and etc) hoover on auto-pilot on top of the building or close to drop of point and drop off your buddy's(fast-ropping style).

While your buddy's go grab and run the pilot keeps an eye out on the erea. When ready, your buddy's come to the drop off or a new pick up point and if needed they yust hook up on the rope. Then you can extract your buddy's out of there and get them on the heli later, when on safe terain.

And as last, what i personal would like to see is all this combined with my earlyer suggestion.(about diving, caves and underwater vehicles)

Fast-rope your way down from a helicopter in to the sea, dive to find the underwater entrance from a cave and go to your base(Yust a tent nothing special).

Maby you want to extract some supply's from camp to friendly clans or yust to your other camp/base. then hook up the invetorycrates on your heli and fly it away to the destination.

I tried to keep everything short and i afoid to go to much in details, because my english is not so great!

(if you noticed any mistakes in text and something is not clear to you please pm me so i can correct it, Thank you)

You can use your own imagination how this all works in the SA Game. (wouldn't this be great in the game;)

Let me hear your thoughts.

Greets,

Mountainhigh

Edited by Mountainhigh
  • Like 4

Pretty good, expect I don't know when I would use it. Just make it lootable. Make everything lootable.

• Like 1

I mean i see it for a lot of practical uses especially scaling mountain and hills. You could get a little more in depth with the suggestion but this would be sick as hell

• Like 1

I didnt aspect that some people would like this!

Personly i would love it when this got in the SA Game.

Let me hear some senario ideas and how,where and when you guys would use this possiblity?

Then i can give the people a clear idea from what i mean:D

personally i'd like to be able to land a chopper on the roof of an otherwise unreachable building top, and then be able to rappel down the side of the building, and then use that line to get back up later as well, unless someone else came along, saw my line, climbed it and took my heli.

would also be a good tactic to rescue people, drop a line so they can climb up on a side of the building that covered from the attackers

• Like 1

I like the idea to get out of the chopper, but you need to implement this with capable heli's like the MH60S or Huey. The navy heli's have the hawsers on the side.

A little bird helicopter doenst have these so with these heli's it shouldnt be possible.

• Like 1

personally i'd like to be able to land a chopper on the roof of an otherwise unreachable building top, and then be able to rappel down the side of the building, and then use that line to get back up later as well, unless someone else came along, saw my line, climbed it and took my heli.

would also be a good tactic to rescue people, drop a line so they can climb up on a side of the building that covered from the attackers

Wow never thought about this! great idea.

Im always making some efort to hide my heli in the forrest and then run like 800meters for some loot:P

If i can hide one n the roof of an buiding, that wil spare me some walks:P

I like the idea to get out of the chopper, but you need to implement this with capable heli's like the MH60S or Huey. The navy heli's have the hawsers on the side.

A little bird helicopter doenst have these so with these heli's it shouldnt be possible.

If im correct its also possible to fast rope from a littlebird, from the side steps where you sit on when you sit on the outside. And ofcorse from the hawswers(is this the correct english name?)

Check this example picture!

Example Youtube video From ARMA 2 (some one already modded this:D)so it shouldt be that hard to inplaned this in the game.

Edited by Mountainhigh

You know, as horrible as your English was. I'm not going to slate you for it because your idea is fantastic.

I was considering posting about this myself, did a little searching and came across your thread.

You really should go into a lot more detail with the whole thing, but all in all, it's a fantastic idea.

Imagine, screaming over the trees in a Merlin to arrive at Cherno moments after, kick out the fast ropes and have a squad of your mates straight into the zone to either A) Secure an objects

B) Medevac a wounded comrade

Or my favourite

C) Fuck shit up.

I'd like to see some sort of parachute deployment system too, along with a little control. Rather than it just automatically opening and you just flop out and that's that. You're a sitting duck. I wanna see some HAHO/HALO shit.

This is a really nice idea, but it would take some time to implement it. And surely wouldn't be available the moment SA releases.

Also, it should be possible when the helicopter and the players have the right gear.