cameorunner

The best day of my life in DayZ (including mountain dew and two chopper)

Today i cry a little.

A little story:

My character was alive for nearly 4 weeks, and i was geared up well. only thing i missed was NVG, but who cares.

This morning i wandered around in the north of the map, when suddenly i came across some big castle ruins. This should be Devils Castle, and that's exactly the name i would give this damned place, if it not already had it. So i decided to take a look. I shouldered me rifle and took out the silenced M9, and sneaked through the ruins. And there they stand, 2 big choppers, really big, really really, this russian choppers or something like this. Of course, totally wrecked, so to repair these beasts is impossible. But maybe there is gear inside... Not much, only 2 cans of Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew? I read about some silly Curse some days ago, if you find Mountain Dew and not drink it, you will die very soon.

I don't believe in this things, but i was thirsty, so i took one can and drank it, left the other in the chopper.

I went on the pilot seat to look how bad it is, all red. I want to get out, and suddenly i am inside the back of the chopper, and can walk? Is this normal? I don't think.....suddenly a crushing noise, a fall down, and i am dead. the chopper on top of me makes funny bumps.

I don't believe this shit, i walked all this way, to get killed by a f****** chopper that glitches on me.

Maybe i should have drank both cans of Mountain Dew?

Anyway, back in Cherno. What to do now? walk all the way back north, only to get my gear? I had the big backpack, the biggest, and thats the only thing i would miss really. So, i have time, the server is not that full. I'm on my way north again.

It was a long journey, but a peacefull journey. On the way, i found a crash site, and there i found the incredible useless, but ultra rare FN FAL with nightvision. But no ammo. Whatever, i found a big (not the biggest) backpack a while ago, so i take it with me. I also found the full survival gear already, Good weapons too. One could say, i was equally good geared as before, except the backpack and a rusty AK instead of a DMR. So, in front of the walls of devils castle i think to myself "do i really have to go in there?" - but i went all the way, all the kilometers.....So why turn back without looking.

I go in there again, and i can hear the flies. The choppers are burned to crisp in the meantime, and the burned down chopper seems to lie directly on my corpse. SO i cant reach it. I can hear it, but i cant see it. I sneak around the chopper and try to get to my corspe in some way, around and around, and another turn. after about 10 turns around the chopper i decide to let it go. I have good gear, so why bother. And in the moment i decide to leave this damned place, i got shot in the back.

I ... got ... shot .... and am dead. AGAIN!

So now there are two corpses of me, lying next to each other in devils castle. Two geared up corpses.... And NOW i know why sometimes people "nuke" servers". I would so have nuked this damn server, if i could. I never would do anything like this, but to be honest, i had a moment, where i thought i will never ever again play this stupid game.

But i will play again. I know how quick you CAN get new gear, i know the places where to go for that. ;)

But i know one thing for sure - i will NEVER EVER go near this cursed castle!

AND - i will drink every can of Mountain Dew i find.

And now please excuse me, i have to go in my closet and cry for the next hour.

Or maybe....maybe i log in again.

Edited by cameorunner
  • Like 2

wait... Your best day in dayz includes dying multiple times and glitching out.

wow you should come with us for a few dayz haha!

Yeah, i forgot the [sarcasm] Tag. =D

And accidentaly i posted in "Bandit campfire", allthough I am not a bandit, i messed that up.

On the other hand, i got shot by a bandit, so maybe it's not as wrong here.

Those fucking helis kill me every time I get up that way.

I don't even have to get in them, they just explode at some point when I'm in range.

Finding two vehicles at spawn point is worse than finding one, but still better then finding none.

Getting used to Mi17 glitch is easy. Just do not move if you appear inside the chopper after getting out. Login to another server instead, make few steps away, and login back. Or just die, if you prefer hardcore roleplay.

Yes i should have not moved, but i was not sure if this is a glitch at all, because i could see the "perfectly" built inside of the chopper. And i thought "oh cool, you can walk inside....." =)

Something similar to this. Killed a bandit and found a can of mtn dew. I left it since I was full on gear then got mowed down by 2 Hueys... I hate my life

Anyone has an Idea where this "Mountain Dew Curse" originated from in the first place?

no, but i am interested in where it came from also. first read about it in some wiki i think, that was BEFORE that happened, so maybe it was unconsciously influenced.

Today i cry a little.

A little story:

My character was alive for nearly 4 weeks, and i was geared up well. only thing i missed was NVG, but who cares.

This morning i wandered around in the north of the map, when suddenly i came across some big castle ruins. This should be Devils Castle, and that's exactly the name i would give this damned place, if it not already had it. So i decided to take a look. I shouldered me rifle and took out the silenced M9, and sneaked through the ruins. And there they stand, 2 big choppers, really big, really really, this russian choppers or something like this. Of course, totally wrecked, so to repair these beasts is impossible. But maybe there is gear inside... Not much, only 2 cans of Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew? I read about some silly Curse some days ago, if you find Mountain Dew and not drink it, you will die very soon.

I don't believe in this things, but i was thirsty, so i took one can and drank it, left the other in the chopper.

I went on the pilot seat to look how bad it is, all red. I want to get out, and suddenly i am inside the back of the chopper, and can walk? Is this normal? I don't think.....suddenly a crushing noise, a fall down, and i am dead. the chopper on top of me makes funny bumps.

I don't believe this shit, i walked all this way, to get killed by a f****** chopper that glitches on me.

Maybe i should have drank both cans of Mountain Dew?

Anyway, back in Cherno. What to do now? walk all the way back north, only to get my gear? I had the big backpack, the biggest, and thats the only thing i would miss really. So, i have time, the server is not that full. I'm on my way north again.

It was a long journey, but a peacefull journey. On the way, i found a crash site, and there i found the incredible useless, but ultra rare FN FAL with nightvision. But no ammo. Whatever, i found a big (not the biggest) backpack a while ago, so i take it with me. I also found the full survival gear already, Good weapons too. One could say, i was equally good geared as before, except the backpack and a rusty AK instead of a DMR. So, in front of the walls of devils castle i think to myself "do i really have to go in there?" - but i went all the way, all the kilometers.....So why turn back without looking.

I go in there again, and i can hear the flies. The choppers are burned to crisp in the meantime, and the burned down chopper seems to lie directly on my corpse. SO i cant reach it. I can hear it, but i cant see it. I sneak around the chopper and try to get to my corspe in some way, around and around, and another turn. after about 10 turns around the chopper i decide to let it go. I have good gear, so why bother. And in the moment i decide to leave this damned place, i got shot in the back.

I ... got ... shot .... and am dead. AGAIN!

So now there are two corpses of me, lying next to each other in devils castle. Two geared up corpses.... And NOW i know why sometimes people "nuke" servers". I would so have nuked this damn server, if i could. I never would do anything like this, but to be honest, i had a moment, where i thought i will never ever again play this stupid game.

But i will play again. I know how quick you CAN get new gear, i know the places where to go for that. ;)

But i know one thing for sure - i will NEVER EVER go near this cursed castle!

AND - i will drink every can of Mountain Dew i find.

And now please excuse me, i have to go in my closet and cry for the next hour.

Or maybe....maybe i log in again.

2n88m1e.gif

• Like 1