Sign in to follow this  
MrChang

Can't connect to a server properly?

So yesterday, I played Dayz fine and it was great. Today, on the other hand, my buddies and I for some reason wait a really long time at Receiving Data then, when it goes into the server, we have to wait a really long time at Waiting for server response. I actually got past the Waiting for server response twice and I spawned once as a bird...and once in the middle of the wilderness with no HUD, no options to do anything and no model to use. Any solutions?

Yup its a problems with the central database i think.

This really needs to get a handle on now. I dont know what the developers future plans are, but theres a hell of a lot of interest in this mod and if i were an outside party, id be looking at the concept, looking at kickstarter, and linking the two together. Given the pretty much shambles of trying to get onto a server every night, the bugs in what is, admittedly, an alpha, it just feels like the game is running away from the developers a bit.

im loving it when i can get in, its unique to the point of brilliant, but i would pay for a smoother ride and I think a lot of others would to. Dont let Dayz be the mod that spawned X, get it sorted now and build on your massive fanbase.

Yeah, it's definitely the database. I don't think the devs anticipated this mod becoming so popular so fast. So, it's a little bogged down. But remember it IS in the alpha stages. Have confidence, they'll work things out.

Just disconnect, and keep trying. If not, come back in an hour or two and try again.

I too have been experiencing problems today after, for the most part, connecting flawlessly last night. Maybe the server is taking a serious bashing :P