Sign in to follow this  
tansvanio

[GUIDE] How to get the 1.7.1++ versions working

In this guide you I will teach you my way of installing the beta patch and dayz. This works for steam and non steam versions of the game.

Notice that if you spawn in debug forest, with a weapon, unable to see yourself or anything abnormal. You did not install the beta or the mod correctly.

IMPORTANT: After all the steps are completed and you can play. DO NOT RUN SIX UPDATER. It will update your beta to unwanted versions and make unable to join servers, or get debug forest again.

- So the first step, is to clean up your arma 2 arrowhead folder by deleting all the dayz files and the "beta" folder inside the "expansions" folder.

- The second step is to go download and install the beta patch that ends with 701.

- Third step is to install dayz and replace watever files you need to get the rolling updates.

- Then you want to execute "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" located inside your operation arrowhead folder.

- Once you get into the menu click on expansions and enable everything in the list. It will restart your client.

- You should be able to play know. If you spawn on the coast with no gun and you are able to see yourself in the 3rd person.

You have suceeded, congradulations x)

PS: I dont know if this will help all of you. But it got my client working and the client of my friend. Also remember that if you got steam version, you wont need to use steam, just run the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch from the arma 2 operation arrowhead folder.

So are you saying for the people that are having trouble getting it working, just download the previous beta patch and it will work? Beta 93701 and not Beta 93825? I just want to confirm before I attempt this for the 15th time, since I am using 1.7 now.

Didn't work for me. Thank you for the tips.

Yes. The last beta is reported to not be working in most servers. You want the beta that ends in 701

How can I download the latest versions without Six Updater? Do the Swedish and DE mirrors also have the files in English? Does it matter? Honestly I don't like using that program and if I can avoid it I will.

I would advise you to download the torrent. That includes everything you need. And after that you just download the code file to update.

More and more servers are running Beta 93825 I think they are in a majority now.

Just check the server version in you down right part of the scren when highlighting a server in the server list.

Observe some servers say Beta 93825 and 1.7.1.2 in the server name even if they are not running this in the information field in the lower right part of the screen.

How can I download the latest versions without Six Updater? Do the Swedish and DE mirrors also have the files in English? Does it matter? Honestly I don't like using that program and if I can avoid it I will.

the swedish and german mirror only have english versions. is there another version than english?