Sign in to follow this  
timedance

Turning off HDR completely

Hello mates,

its really boring, that you can´t turn off HDR complete... - in my graphic options you can only choose "LOW" but not "OFF" :(

How can I manage to turn it off complete?

thanks, :)

You can't disable it completely.

If you set it to 0 it will revert to 1, i.e. 'low'. You can't disable it.

HDR or high dynamic range, correct? It sounds like something you're going to need just a little of to run most any game made in the past 3 years and on.

Unfortunately my knowledge is very limited on what it does/means so I can't actually support anything with facts....

Whaaaat? This is not a pointless post, what are you talking about?

Edited by McCullins

but I saw some screenshots, where all is clear, without HDR... so how is it possible?

Can you tell us what you think HDR is?

HDR is basically the exposure setting on the camera, which makes it so that the image on the screen appears fairly natural at every time of day. Without the game tweaking the exposure knob on the virtual camera for you, you wouldn't be able to see at night, and the mid-day sky would be a blinding white.... so disabling HDR I think is not what you're looking for.

there are always so much bloom/blury effects/ motion blur when sun comes through woods, for example...

I mean, that I want a clear and sharpen screen

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Blurry effects could be Post process quality. Turn that to off see if it makes a difference.