How do map notes work. I was grouping with a buddie and I marked some notes to where my stash was on the ingame map. My buddy told me that the notes showed up on his map as well. Why is that? can the whole server see my map notes

• Like 1

you had side channel on when you posted your notes.

Turn your talk channel to Group or vehicle before you make "notes"

Yes, the whole server can see your in-game map notes. I don't recommend using them ever. If you're using DayZ commander it has a note option for the server where you can type in things, so it could be "Camp- 100 101" or something of that nature, that or just write it down on paper.

@GOD, I haven't tried all the channels, but I have had experience where people saw my notes from group, at least when they enter the lobby. You might be safe with vehicle or direct, but definitely not side or group.

Actually just use vehicle channel when "not" in a vehicle before you posts notes cuz if you post notes in direct communication who evers in range of direct will get a copy of your notes.

Edited by GOD™

ok so how long do my notes stay on their maps and can they delete my notes

SO here is another odd twist my map notes on a server where all deleted after a reboot is this common ?

SO here is another odd twist my map notes on a server where all deleted after a reboot is this common ?

yes

They are only persistent as long as you're in the server and it hasn't restarted, unless of course someone else has it on their map.

It would be cool if you could mark a map and it would save to that map forever no matter who held it. You could find the camps of the people you killed, you could plant treasure maps for people to find, etc. Unfortunately isn't the case, at least in the mod.

• Like 1