Sign in to follow this  
stryker211

How I survived PITCH BLACK NIGHTS

My friend and I loaded into a server, pitch black. We didn’t have any flares, chem-lights, flashlights.

Luckily I was in the forest so I gathered wood and made a camp fire. We made a trail of campfires to a nearby town and fought off zombies we ran into while we pierced the darkness to light another fire.

40 minutes of running back to get more wood and maintaining our trail we managed to make our way to the supermarket and find some flares.

Without a doubt the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in game lol. I’m just glad that nobody happened to see our highway of campfires and come end our adventure.

It was a fun experience, one I wish to never have to repeat.

You mean to say, that you are actually NOT QQ'ing about pitch black nights?

What is wrong with you? Don't you subscribe to the latest console kiddie trend on these forums?

I just don't understand this place anymore...

My friend and I loaded into a server' date=' pitch black. We didn’t have any flares, chem-lights, flashlights.

Luckily I was in the forest so I gathered wood and made a camp fire. We made a trail of campfires to a nearby town and fought off zombies we ran into while we pierced the darkness to light another fire.

40 minutes of running back to get more wood and maintaining our trail we managed to make our way to the supermarket and find some flares.

Without a doubt the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in game lol. I’m just glad that nobody happened to see our highway of campfires and come end our adventure.

[/quote']

This was not tonight im assuming? Current patch there are no ways to harvest wood anymore as hatchet is no longer tool inventory/useable... .. and maybe im a patch or two behind but wood used to get burned up/used after a few minutes so you would have to refill it with more wood?

Im confused to how this is possible any longer?

This was not tonight im assuming? Current patch there are no ways to harvest wood anymore as hatchet is no longer tool inventory/useable... .. and maybe im a patch or two behind but wood used to get burned up/used after a few minutes so you would have to refill it with more wood?

Im confused to how this is possible any longer?

Correct this was 2 days ago not current patch with melee weapons. I'm sure gather wood will be fixed if its broken now. Have not had a chance to play with the new 1.7.1.2

You mean to say' date=' that you are actually NOT QQ'ing about pitch black nights?

What is wrong with you? Don't you subscribe to the latest console kiddie trend on these forums?

I just don't understand this place anymore...

[/quote']

I’m not saying I like or dislike the pitch blackness of the game. Just sharing my experience so others can maybe learn something from it.

My friend and I loaded into a server' date=' pitch black. We didn’t have any flares, chem-lights, flashlights.

[/quote']

Awesome story! I love it!

My Friends and I were able to find and fix a car shortly before the night happened. and then once it grew dark we went pillaging all the things and almost died a few times. It was awesome!!!

[/quote']

That takes a lot of patience. You're definitely lucky no one spotted it.

Awesome story! I love it!

At one point in the middle of the town we forgot to light a new fire and became stranded without any more wood when it went out.

In pitch the black town you could hear the growling and shuffles of zeds so we started crawling back to where the last fire was we had but it was very difficult and I was scared lol.

Feeling our way around fences and trying to dodge zombie moans it was slow and painful. I was terrified at one point a zombie heard me hop over a fence and ran at me. I could hear him trying to get me from across the fence.

I could only make out his shadowy figure from the starlight being blocked and I shot him in the head luckily and that’s when we ran back to the safety of the fire still lit some 40 meters away and finished off the ones that were chasing us.

Best time I've had was when me and a mate teamed up with some stranger. It was back when you spawned with road flares.

We took it in turns to throw/pick up a flare and had two shooters for zed.

Some guy tried to kill us at a building but we outnumbered him.

Made our way about 1/5 km along the coast very slowly until I had to log out.

Nothing outrageous happened, but was one of the few times I played in a team and at night. Totally different game and very very fun/scary.

This has given me a great idea. From now on my role in this game will be to illuminate towns by placing fireplaces everywhere and stocking them full of wood XD

This has given me a great idea. From now on my role in this game will be to illuminate towns by placing fireplaces everywhere and stocking them full of wood XD

Then a troll comes about and puts all your fires out :P

If your looking for a purpose or role to play. I found it to be fun with the new patch since you don't spawn with a weapon, find weapons put them in your backpack and seek out new spawned people with no weapons and help them out by giving them a gun.

Have not been shot after handing over a gun yet, might not do that anymore if that happens lol.

This reminds me on how i used pack of flares 10 total to walk one km with one flare each 100 meters.

Awesome story! I have a similar one from earlier today. I logged on and I spawned along the coast. It was pitch black and I had nothing but my backpack and some painkiller. I wandered around aimlessly in the darkness until I heard the growling of the Zeds in the distance. My next plan was to find some gear. I used sound to navigate their perimeter and find the outlining of buildings. I went inside and found a Winchester and 2 slug packs. In the next room I found a chemlight, food, flares, and water. I equiped the chemlight and made my way out.

i just learnt how to turn on my flash light, its like a lighthouse lol.

i just learnt how to turn on my flash light' date=' its like a lighthouse lol.

[/quote']

Yes lol, it’s pretty crazy I like the perfect circle. I don't think people realize they start with a flash light in their bag. The flash light works well if you have someone else to shoot what you are illuminating.

In my experience the current night is fun to do, but only if you do it like once a week. To add to the obvious problems the sound directions in this game is pretty awful, zombies anywhere near you sound as if they are are right next to you in unknown direction. I think it's pretty stupid to crawl into zombies in cities due to complete darkness, and lighting up a flare there you are asking to get owned by someone with NVG.

In my experience the current night is fun to do' date=' but only if you do it like once a week. To add to the obvious problems the sound directions in this game is pretty awful, zombies anywhere near you sound as if they are are right next to you in unknown direction. I think it's pretty stupid to crawl into zombies in cities due to complete darkness, and lighting up a flare there you are asking to get owned by someone with NVG.

[/quote']

If you are running around with any type of light, or even near one you can be seen from a great distance. People with NVG are not going to be going around bright lights, it blinds them making their advantage useless. You will just have to take the risk using light, knowing that other people need light just as much as you do.

5.1 or better audio makes nights incredibly immersive.

5.1 or better audio makes nights incredibly immersive.

7.1 surround in headphones freaks me out, I don't get freaked out much by movies or games but this game is diffrent lol.