r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

I'm liking the new patch. I like the new difficulty of the zombies. They are now much more of a threat (as they should be).

Liking how rare loot is, items you find now feel like they are worth something, and not everyone is running around with military grade loot.

I also like that infection will now kill you.

Generally a good patch... but :-

The knockdown rate off a zombie is a tad too high in my opinion.

AB need to be slightly more common than they are, but not so common as getting infected is sorted out within 5 minutes. I appreciate that finding the balance is not easy. But most people seem to agree that although the increased infection rate is good...spending your entire game time looking for AB is a bit much.

To be honest, we have all waited a very long time for this patch. So I am very disappointed to see that Zombies hitting you from 10ft away is still present. Zombies walking through walls is still present. And Zombies hitting you through walls is still very much an issue.

Myself and I imagine most of the community would like to see this fixed properly, as opposed to time being spent adding new items like "a wet pack of playing cards". Really?

If your changelog says these things are fixed, how come the majority of people are discovering that they are not...within 15 minutes of play? I'm not having a go, but from what I have read on these forums, this patch was finished and awaiting Rockets approval for a very long time. So it kind of begs the question as to who was testing these things? And why weren't they discovered and fixed before release?

As I say, I generally like the patch, but it is very disappointing to see the zombies still effectively broken a year later in regards to pathing and glitching through walls. This above everything else needs to be fixed. But this is just my own opinion.

Normally this would really bother me as well because I think the zombies are annoying enough already (I'm more of a PvP player) but luckily there are enough private hives still running 1.7.4.4 or 1.7.6.1 so you always have a choice in what you play :)

Arma and DayZ use two different versions of the M249,

M249 = Arma

M249_DZ = DayZ

The arma version can't be used on DayZ servers

Is there any difference between these two?

Different damage etc?

as for zombie tackle guys the, knock down rate was almost 100 percent chance when we first were testing it, its now reduced A LOT and also if a zed knocks you down he is disabled from being able to knock down again for aropund 15 seconds, if you get knocked down over and over it is because you are near a large group of zeds and constantly running right next to all of them to get away, advice, crepp like a ninjah, strike from the shadows, hide dead zeds, and use loitering zeds as a player awareness tool, iv had so much fun just watching groups of people at night working to gether and still gettin F;d in the A by zombies cos they are all just running around them making noise everywhere, :P

is disabled from being able to knock down again for around 15 seconds

This has been removed in the last minute.

Normally this would really bother me as well because I think the zombies are annoying enough already (I'm more of a PvP player) but luckily there are enough private hives still running 1.7.4.4 or 1.7.6.1 so you always have a choice in what you play :)

Yeah I know. I guess the pathing/collision detection issues etc just can't be fixed in the MOD.

I will still play on 1.7.7. As I say, the majority of the new patch is great. I guess i'm just a bit disappointed that the zombies are still a bit of a mess. To be fair though, i'm sure there is only so much they can do with the MOD.

Let's hope SA BETA/ALPHA will eventually sort these issues out.

Generally speaking, good work on the patch though.

Edited by GeordieMarv

i am keeping 2 of my servers at 1.7.6.1 patch untill they fix zombies hitting you from 10ft away and hard to find ab, and a few of the other stuff that was ment to be fixed but really isnt, i have another server with the new patch on and have the as50 and m107 on it with a load of custom weapons still on it, and yes its a private hive i just think if your going to take those 2 weapons away why not take the dmr and m24 out too and just have cz in and take out a lot of the high end military weapons if you want to make it a real zombie apocoliptic mod, and have the zombies in big hordes together, instead of doing stuff like adding a few different food types,and ment to of fixed loads of bugs that people are still complaining about,

what i really want to know is who actually give the go ahead to release this patch as it wasnt rocket as he couldnt do it till after e3,

i am keeping 2 of my servers at 1.7.6.1 patch untill they fix zombies hitting you from 10ft away and hard to find ab, and a few of the other stuff that was ment to be fixed but really isnt, i have another server with the new patch on and have the as50 and m107 on it with a load of custom weapons still on it, and yes its a private hive i just think if your going to take those 2 weapons away why not take the dmr and m24 out too and just have cz in and take out a lot of the high end military weapons if you want to make it a real zombie apocoliptic mod, and have the zombies in big hordes together, instead of doing stuff like adding a few different food types,and ment to of fixed loads of bugs that people are still complaining about,

what i really want to know is who actually give the go ahead to release this patch as it wasnt rocket as he couldnt do it till after e3,

Nope, he couldn't give the go ahead till after Everest not E3,

Rocket gave the patch the all clear a few days after returning from Everest.

So what is beeing done to fix this patch? A roll back, a fix? Or are you stil in denial and think all is well?

• Like 2

So what is beeing done to fix this patch? A roll back, a fix? Or are you stil in denial and think all is well?

I think the rate of knockdowns from the front is getting changed but apart from that the patch is brilliant. Don't like it there are many mods and old servers. Enjoy!

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

Who's in denial? Almost every patch there's ever been to the mod is followed by hotfixes to address immediate issues. Razor has already said the knockdown mechanic is being adjusted, with regards to anything else you'll have to wait and see what they change.

Edited by Fraggle

Only thing that I noticed, apart from what was already talked about, was an issue with an AS50.

I was at the Northeast Airfield and found one (on the ground of the second floor landing) in the control tower with a pack of ammo next to it. I tried to pick it up, but it said not enough room and disappeared.

I think it was supposed to be an RPK as the ammo pack next to it was for an RPK.

Either that, or a legacy AS50 was dropped.

Edited by SpudmanWP

i thought jerry can where ment to take one invintory slot but every server i have been on still takes up 3 slots, and i have tried to put a ghillie suit on 3 times and kicks you and tried a camo and done the same

i thought jerry can where ment to take one invintory slot but every server i have been on still takes up 3 slots, and i have tried to put a ghillie suit on 3 times and kicks you and tried a camo and done the same

5L can not 20L ?

5L can not 20L ?

Having just filled up a biplane i can confirm that 5 exists, but not sure it fully replace 20.

I am not a native English speaker and I apologise for any mistakes made in this post. Remember, this is just my own opinion and I do not persuade anyone to think the same way as me. My post is quite long, so you might need about 10 minutes to read it.

The recent patch for DayZ mod has changed the gameplay a lot, and the following problems have been faced by most of the players.

• Zombies hit you from 5-10ft away
  • Zombies knock you down like every 2nd hit
  • Zombies still glitch through objects
  • Zombies still hit you through walls
  • Zombies infect you far to often
  • Many Zombies are just bugged, standing around like frozen
  • nearly no antibiotics spawning
  • all loot-spawns are messed up (nearly not usable loot)
  • FPS-Drops
  • Pitching Tents is buggy
  • Making fireplaces is "laggy" / delayed
  • Tents dupe stuff again
  • Vehicles dupe stuff again
  • Giving Bloodbags gets your kicked
  • Crashsites often got no loot
  • Crashsite-Loot is spread like 50m around it
  • Crashsite zombies often spawn more then 50m away from it

I think these bugs/features have made DayZ Mod unplayable, and they should be fixed/changed as soon as possible because such gameplay can lead to other, more serious problems:

1. Much more PvP and spawncamping than ever before. The loot is SO scarce now that players will kill each other just for beans and antibiotics. Yes, zombies are a serious threat now, but this will not cause players to team up. Chances of getting infected are so high that if other survivors find out you're infected they will try to kill you with anything they have (empty tin cans, empty bottles, crowbars, guns) even if you are unarmed. Why would someone want to team up with an infected player?

And here another problem comes up: fresh spawns might not be able to leave the coast. If well-equipped players from the north are infected and don't find antibiotics in the nearby towns, they will have to go to the coastal cities (Cherno, Electro and Berezino). Infection leads to death and, of course, these players will shoot everyone they are able to see on sight just to loot the city and stay unharmed. Finally, bandits and spawncampers have a legitimate reason to kill fresh spawns (that's the irony).

The only starting gear you're given is a bandage, road flares and a box of painkillers or another bandage. No backpack. No weapons. If you have just been spawned, you will have either to avoid coastal cities and die in the north because of infection, starvation or dehydration or head to them (the cities), find nothing but empty tin cans and (or) a crowbar and die in the city or in a forest/town near the city.

2. Posted by DragoValhar

Okay, here's some constructive criticism. If an ALT-F4 happens in combat, the character is instantly killed and the body remains. In the last three weeks of playing every person we've almost killed has combat logged. This is ridiculous. if they can't deal with dying then they shouldn't play the game. Period.

Many players used ALT+F4 for combat logging before the update, and now they will use it even more, both for combat logging and losing zombies. Does it make sense?

This quote does not belong to me, but I agree with its author:

(Posted by revolutionbaby on Reddit):

Thats not how the game (or any game) should be played. Getting advantage through alt+f4...

3. Do castles spawn high-grade military loot or am I seeing things?

Castle keep:

Zombie chance: 30%

Zombie count: 0 - 6

Loot chance: 20%

Loot spawns: 12

Military loot 31.53%

Trash loot 13.51%

Generic loot 4.50%

Barracks:

Zombie chance: 80%

Zombie count: 2 - 6

Loot chance: 30%

Loot spawns: 12

Military loot 28.57%

Trash loot 12.24%

Generic loot 4.08%

(The full loot tables can be found on the map at DayZDB)

Wait, it seems like castles are similar to barracks now. Does it mean that going to NWAF or Stary Sobor is not necessary and that you can just loot the Rog/Zub/Devil's Castle and get a DMR or M16A2 M203? (Problem 1 comes up again)

(Posted by MasterPepper7)

Ok this patch did a lot that I like. The Combine mags option, new guns/weapons, and other various things are great. This said, i do not like this new form of dayz. The value of antibiotics has jumped through the roof and they rarely spawn (I found 1, used it, then immediately got infected again). The zombie speeds are fine, but the loot spawns (ESPECIALLY MEDICAL) make it annoying difficult combined with this crazy infection rate. If only these two things were fixed, this patch could have descended from on high wrapped in bacon.

Side note- Sure the AS50 was kinda dumb, but i miss the m107....wish they could have just lowered the damage or something

Exactly. This patch isn't just bad, it also has some good features mentioned by MasterPepper7 and this one: you can get up faster after being unconscious, there's no 'getting up then failing' animation loop anymore. However, the infection rate should be reduced. Chance that you will start bleeding out after being hit by a zombie was high before the update, but there were bandages all around the map. And after the update the infection rate is extremely high, but you can't find antibiotics everywhere. Another solution could be making antibiotics more common.

By the way, stop putting people down for expressing their own opinion. Why do you criticise muffy_duffy's reply so much? He hasn't said anything like "boo dat patch is shit, roll the update back or I'll kill my hamster!", he has mentioned the main problems he and other players experienced with new patch. Has he said anything that is not ture? No, he hasn't.

It doesn't require any skill to go to someone's camp, grab tons of weapons/food/medical supplies and say how easy it is to avoid zombies and how stupid other players are. There are reasons why players complain about the new bugs/features. Before you call them n00bs, tell them to stfu, gtfo, etc play as a fresh spawn, try to get everything you need, reach the north and build a camp without dying, and then you can call yourself a pro. But you sound immature if you call other people names. Yes, H4YW1R3, I am talking about you, too. If you are terrible at CoD, just don't play it. There is no reason to not respect its players.

• Like 2

ICEBEAM it is ment to be like end of the world zombie game so I would kill you for your BEANS this patch brings it back to how it should be . . . . . in my opinion !!!!

• Like 1

1. Much more PvP and spawncamping than ever before. The loot is SO scarce now that players will kill each other just for beans and antibiotics. Yes, zombies are a serious threat now, but this will not cause players to team up. Chances of getting infected are so high that if other survivors find out you're infected they will try to kill you with anything they have (empty tin cans, empty bottles, crowbars, guns) even if you are unarmed. Why would someone want to team up with an infected player?

Appreciate the effort, will address tommorrow but so many points are just wrong. Take a few assumptions and a few outright errors.

Bloodbag kick is server side and can be fixed by a server admin for exmaple, scrap this complaint, it will be quickly dealt with...no time to address gameplay but all assumption about player behavior is just that assumption. I had the best session of DayZ in 7 months today. Several hours worth of gameplay. Wall of text long story

I found antibiotics, gave them away to another play because he was sick (because i hope someday someone will return the favor), after he helped me escape a tent by shooting Z (which were about to kill me for once) with a CZ, we found a biplane, then i got sick, we tried to keep together but keeping distance so he didnt get sick. Then he got sick from something, we went all in, teamed like mad men because if we didn't work together we were going to die. He was brutally gunned down after he passed out on his last legs due to infection, he told me to run and he held them off with his CZ as best he could (we were in open field), i heard him to go down to AR fire, and since the ammo spawns were so low one of the bandits ran out of ammo and head on charged us but my M14 also ran out of ammo so i had to carefully pick shots. I fled armed with a baseball bat (which by the way is a useless melee weapon)

All through side chat was constant calls for help, constant death messages from things other than PvP and boredom suicides. This patch is throwing people together. I saw so many groups of people, wether it was couples or other friendlies and with the expection of the group of bandits, other groups i came across did not KoS but we openly talked! This was on a random public server...this is of course confirmation bias, i certinally hope the patch adds more potential for human interaction, which i thought it would and from my experience has. It certainlly changed my attitude, not just to players but the entire gameworld.

The patch, despite some MINOR quirks and balancing knockdowns is amazing.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* ....

I don't mind getting knocked to the ground from 5m away, or 20 zombies chasing me non-stop, but getting an infection with no antibiotics makes the game more of a hide-my-body game than what was DayZ. I tried the eat and eat approach while looking for meds but after repeating the process for some 4-5 hours last evening, I concluded that it is hopeless to find antibiotics and you're better off dying somewhere convenient. Seriously my new video card is working hardest to make a black and white image shake.

Sigh. Please rebalance the statistics tables.

• Like 6

i played a little time with this patch. dont know about zombies or city loots but i wanna mention something i found 3 heli crashes and there was no zombie no loot only a ghillie suit. loot level is always be like this? normally after 3 heli crashes i have to be like terminator :)

Zombies need to be fixed.

• Zombies knocking you down every time they hit is too over the top
  • Infections are too frequent.
  • Zombies that are aggro'd to your buddy in front of you, hit you constantly as they're faster than you.
  • Zombies hitting you when you're nowhere near them is ridiculous and unbalanced.

• Like 3

Diminished loot tables aren't really a problem. The overpowered zombies that were already fundamentally broken to start with are.

If they at least functioned normally without bugs and glitches, and if the game didn't have such shitty melee, aiming and hitboxes, and if they had less vision, and if there were more ways to dispatch of them, THEN it would be a great idea to make the zombies more powerful. Now it just ruins an already very problematic game.

For reasons already stated in the thread, I agree that the zombies are currently part of the problem. Hitting through walls, complete outrunning, knockdown every other hit, and hitting from 10m away. With the broken zeds, the severely diminished loot is just the icing on the cake in my opinion. This is just my opinion on the matter though.

While some people may enjoy this patch, sadly it isn't for me. I've been playing for well over a year now but I'm close to calling it quits now until the standalone. The past several servers I've tried have led to me getting spawn-sniped with DMR spam, mowed down with a huey a few times due to no practical way of fending them off, or dieing from infection twice because I searched three hospitals and found no antibiotics. No food in the supermarkets either. Not to mention that what someone said about everyone needing to come together now is a complete toss up depending on which server you're on, but I have only seen someone shout out for help once, and it ended in them getting killed by the guy that was supposedly coming to aid. The loot spawns suck, so from what I've seen, people are seemingly resorting to full out bandit playing. This may not be the case on certain servers, but the many I have tried, as I said, only have ended up in bandit wars. I also still feel removing the .50 caliber rifles was the wrong call, but there's no use in voicing an opinion over that anymore. I'll be waiting for the hotfix to see if I walk away from the mod for good.

Also, many servers still have the bloogbag issue so I hope that the hotfix can address this and not leave it up to the admins to do. For a portion of servers, this will be an extremely long time, if ever.

• Like 1