Sign in to follow this  
SamPeaks

FPS Problem (PC Noob)

Hello DayZ Players,

I have a problem with my FPS on DayZ. It is always very low and i want to know if i do something wrong. On other games i get on high settings just good FPS but on DayZ i get very low fps on low settings. I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I'm new to pc gaming so i don't know everything about it. Sorry for my grammer, I'm from Europe.

My PC Specs (I copyd it from Speccy because i don't know what you guys need to know)

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU:

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz

Lynnfield 45nm Technology

RAM:

6,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard:

Acer H57M01 (CPU 1)

Graphics:

LG M2380D (1920x1080@60Hz)

Acer V273HL (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024MB GeForce GT 320 (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Please reply if you need to know more.

Thanks

Edited by SamPeaks

i don't even know where to begin with this.

o_o

Edited by GOD™

Mine are low as well. Not sure if this is very unusual. Probably not.

Your specs look pretty okay to me.

Maybe your RAM is a little low clocked and your graphics card is an older one.

Your core i5 should be good (4 Cores, 4 Threads, turbo up to 3,2 GHz) but the cpu takes DDR3-1066/1333 RAM. I'd go for 1333 MHz or higher. Even though, higher frequencies are not used by the cpu. With 665MHz you are definitively wasting speed.

Someone else may tell you more. You also can have a look here, if you want:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

Edit

Their optimum recommendation is

CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c

Free Disk Space: 20 GB

So, you are in. But consider to get a faster RAM. Maybe it's just a Bios setting?

I didn't find any information regarding the motherboard. So I don't know what RAM frequencies it supports...

Edited by Ken Bean

what may be of more use is your ingame video settings, and also your average GPU usage ingame which can be found through a program like MSI Afterburner. This will help us differentiate CPU or GPU bottlenecks

ArmA 2 is a very poorly optimized game, and the DayZ mod just makes it worse. Some players have reported being able to run Battlefield 3 on ultra settings no problem, but get horrible FPS on DayZ. This is understandable considering it's an alpha mod, but there are ways you can tweak your system and game to achieve a higher FPS.

Please visit this guide.. : http://www.dayzpvp.c...d-tweaks-guide/

Believe it or not, that guide allowed me to boost my FPS in DayZ by about 15. I suggest you give it a try.

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot guys, i am going to look at all the links. Thank you very much for all the help :)