monkey670

Help running a server

So as title says i need help running a server, i'm fairly new to this and just want a server to play on for the community, my friends and whoever else joins.

All im looking for is someone to do or teach me how to do anything and everything regarding server database, FTP, adding addons like tow and auto refill.

If you think you could handle it drop a post below stating what you can do. and i may choose 1-2 people to help, thanks for reading and as always happy hunting.

what you want to know mate...

if you check out my server post you will see i have successfully added;

http://dayzmod.com/f...n/#entry1143445

Custom load screens

Custom death messages

Edited heli loot tables

Added custom areas like minor bases and new abandoned city

Custom debug monitor

Custom skins

Clan skins automated programs

My own program to create server events and pvp scenarios

extra vehicles and loads more

read my OP listed above there are far more details on there about the changes i have made

So let me know what most interests you

that's amazing.

All im wanting added is some barracks edited loot tables and lots of cars I'm Mainly wanting to run a PVP Server i have my server host trying to help me but he says find someone that knows how to do this stuff so i posted here and if you could help me get to the level of play-ability, that would be awesome

that's amazing.

All im wanting added is some barracks edited loot tables and lots of cars I'm Mainly wanting to run a PVP Server i have my server host trying to help me but he says find someone that knows how to do this stuff so i posted here and if you could help me get to the level of play-ability, that would be awesome

has your server hoster given you access to the FTP side of things.

ie can you upload files to certain folders on your server???

do you have database access

ie i dont know how much you know but much of dayz runs from a database. you will need access to the database tables for certain modifications

i have full access to my server Database, FTP etc, that is primarily what i wanted but iv'e just found out how confusing and difficult it is to do on your own

i have full access to my server Database, FTP etc, that is primarily what i wanted but iv'e just found out how confusing and difficult it is to do on your own

ok no problems the main thing is the access... and of course the ability to save yourself BACKUPS!!!!! they are vital if you fail to back up certain files and then type the edit it can bring the whole server down lol...

whats the first thing you want to do ???

what do you "NEED" your server to have? and we will take it from there.

^^^ haha i would join your server but i would want admin?? the first thing that i would want to do is add you on some sort of chat site so we could speak privately like skype etc. if you can help me out with some things

^^^ haha i would join your server but i would want admin?? the first thing that i would want to do is add you on some sort of chat site so we could speak privately like skype etc. if you can help me out with some things

PM me i will give you details there