Sign in to follow this  
marshalsmit

The best quality with my videocard.

Hello,

I just upgraded from a 550GTX-ti to a XFX Radeon R7970 3GB Ghz. Edition.

Normally i used Nvidea Experience for the quality settings because it was easy.

But now i got this card i really want to make look Arma 2 like a beast with graphics, but i don't want to play with low fps ;).

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

I tried some several settings but i get the feeling it ain't right.

My Specs :

i5-3350p

8GB Corsair Ram

XFX Radeon R7970 3GB Ghz. Edition

Thank you for reading,

Thomas

Edited by MarshalSmit

Are you looking for max FPS or video quality? I'm confused.

• Like 1

Are you looking for max FPS or video quality? I'm confused.

Well to be honest i want both :P

I really want Arma 2 look like a beast with high graphics, but i don't want to play with low FPS.

I see where i confused you and changed the topic.

Well you could start with a little overclock using the Performance tab and AMD Overdrive in CCC. Don't go crazy with it, just bump it up a little and make sure you run a GPU intensive game for a little while then alt + tab to check your card's temp at full load to make sure it's not getting too hot or anything.

Then in the Gaming tab under 3D application settings I'd use something like this...

7M0o2O6.png

I find it to be a nice balance between quality and performance.

• Like 2

Trial and error, mate. Simply max all the settings out, then decrease them incrementally until you've got a an acceptable sustained FPS. Not sure what else we could do for ya? That card should be able to hand very high settings without issue.

edit: just my $.02 (and not to be dick) but I would start with max settings on a default card clock speed before overclocking

Edited by TG ! Jimmy

Hello,

I just upgraded from a 550GTX-ti to a XFX Radeon R7970 3GB Ghz. Edition.

Normally i used Nvidea Experience for the quality settings because it was easy.

But now i got this card i really want to make look Arma 2 like a beast with graphics, but i don't want to play with low fps ;).

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

I tried some several settings but i get the feeling it ain't right.

My Specs :

i5-3350p

8GB Corsair Ram

XFX Radeon R7970 3GB Ghz. Edition

Thank you for reading,

Thomas

hello

start with installing radeon pro

http://www.radeonpro.info/

radeon pro will allow you to set some settings that don't exist in ccc, ucan set them exclusive for your different games. you can start with flip queue size, setting it to 0 mostly helps (especially in multiplayer games) and also arma 2.

as for arma2 tweaks, you can use hoard memory allocator to improve some performance. this improves a little. you can google "arma 2 memory allocators, hoard malloc"

for 3d settings, here what I use. after trying many different settings I end up with these for both performance and eye candy balance. note that post processing is disabled. If you want to use post processing and get rid of the lame blur shader, install arma2 mod called oktane's noblur. it has bi-key so you dont need server side support, its supported auto in every arma2-dayz servers. Anyway its just my taste. I like game crisper so I disable PP effects.

3f1af633fe309ec7b0e31f356b3ca1ef.jpg

Edited by hazedaze
  • Like 1

the proccesor is really important I got an intel I5 3.4 and it runs great with a cheapish graphics card also a GTX 650 is worth the money dant really need those higher up one unless your recording

With that CPU/ GPU combo, you should have no issues running the game smooth and great without much playing around.

I get a fairly smooth gameplay (40-60FPS) on i5 2500K, 4GB RAM , and HD 6850.