step0229

Hatchet Question...

So, I found one laying on the ground. I was about to pick it up but negated to do so. I was afraid I would lose my gun.

Does anyone know what slots this thing takes up? Is it the tools slot, main weapon, or bag slot?

Use search.

I did... Unfortunately it brings up every other post than what i was looking for.

Probably when you mouse over the Hatchet and it says "Replace X weapon", then that should be a good indicator of which slot it takes.

Also, if you saw no "Replace" dialogue, then either you are looking at the bugged hatchets or have no primary.

Ok, I was curious. It never brought up a gear menu when I scrolled over it, just "Pick up hatchet". I dont even intend on using it as a weapon. I just want to cut wood for food damnit!

So wait, let me get this right. Before, you could carry a primary, pistol, and a hatchet in your tools. But as soon as you could use the hatchet to kill zombies, you may no longer carry your primary with the hatchet? What if I need to but down wood for fires? do I have to go look for wood piles now? Or can I keep the hatchet in my tools slots as long as I don't bust a zed with it?

Use search.

I did... Unfortunately it brings up every other post than what i was looking for.

I use " site:dayzmod.com" in google to search the forums.