Sign in to follow this  
_Anubis_ (DayZ)

middle-tier military weapons less available after 1.7.6.[1] ?

After a few time playing with the latest 2 patches and being an avid visitor of Deer Stands, I can see that the weapons I used so find rather easiliy (M-16, M-3, AK-47, AK-74 and related variants) are basically disappeared from Deer Stands and are quite rare even in the 3 airports' hangars.

The only places offering some chance now are the NWAF barracks and the Fire Stations, providing one can visit them a few times in a row.

The lack of weapons in Deer Stands is rather annoying since those places were scattered and isolated, an ideal location for Lone Wolves like me.After 5-6 Deer Stands a weapon was almost guaranteed in the past.

From a certain point of view I like the fact I can't find a military weapon so easily, on the other side it is stupid because the few places where such weapons can be found are obviously magnets for camping snipers and clans.

Someone could say a Lone Wolf does need only a Winchester or L-E but I disagree: you need a better weapon if you find hostile players in the North.

Did you experience the same?

_Anubis_

• Like 1

Don't quote me here because i'm not actively playing at the moment, but from what i've read I want to say there's a new loot table in deer stands. They now produce a hunting loot table? Anyone yay or nay this? I might be completely rahtard and making this entirely up. I really need to stop drinking.

Totally agree. I try to avoid the barrel of armed fish that are Cherno and Elektro, so if I don't find an assault rifle at Balota, I'm heading north with that Winchester.

Removing military weapons from deerstands has certainly made it even harder for lone wolves. It forces us to loot NWAF if we want to have a chance.

• Like 1

Don't quote me here because i'm not actively playing at the moment, but from what i've read I want to say there's a new loot table in deer stands. They now produce a hunting loot table? Anyone yay or nay this? I might be completely rahtard and making this entirely up. I really need to stop drinking.

I shall qoute you as you are correct sir. I think the only gun that the hunter loot table spawns is the cz 550. Saying that, I haven't found one at a deerstand yet...

I shall qoute you as you are correct sir. I think the only gun that the hunter loot table spawns is the cz 550. Saying that, I haven't found one at a deerstand yet...

CZ and Crossbow.

Ive seen mid tier military ammo in deer stands since the patch but no weapons to accompany them

Same here. Ammo can be found, but weapons is another story.

_Anubis_