If i spend a lot of time without playing, i login, and it's flashing.

Re-log, and it's full :)

Love Alpha.

If i spend a lot of time without playing' date=' i login, and it's flashing.

Love Alpha.

[/quote']

How long is 'a lot of time'?

Not too keen on using the relog exploit, I did use it once a while back when i was desparate for food, but prefer not to use things such as this.

If i spend a lot of time without playing' date=' i login, and it's flashing.

Love Alpha.

[/quote']

How long is 'a lot of time'?

Not too keen on using the relog exploit, I did use it once a while back when i was desparate for food, but prefer not to use things such as this.

Idk, but i think once you're hungry, that's as low as it gets, cuz i had a friend that didn't log for 3-4 days and he was still at full health (hungry, of course)

Then comes beta. Then comes rage. Don't like it? Go to Russia!

I could be wrong but I would assume you're not supposed to lose hunger/get thirst when you are logged out and this will be fixed at some point. Why would someone make a game where going on vacation or taking a break for exams = death?

I'm not sure if you even need to login to eat in an incremental manor. I believe that the only time you would need to eat is when you login to play(Other then when you're hungry that is).

Take what I said with a grain of salt as I am still unsure, although I haven't really had any problems with dying while offline.

I'm not sure if you even need to login to eat in an incremental manor. I believe that the only time you would need to eat is when you login to play(Other then when you're hungry that is).

Take what I said with a grain of salt as I am still unsure' date=' although I haven't really had any problems with dying while offline.

[/quote']

This. I've taken an entire week-long break to study for exams and after I logged on my hunger and thirst were merely in the danger zone and my character was still alive.

NO, your values flashing and you have to eat/drink immediatly. So allways be sure to have a drink and beans in your bagpack, when you logoff. You can´t die, when youre 4 weeks offline. Youre starting with the minimum flashing values then.

NO' date=' your values flashing and you have to eat/drink immediatly. So allways be sure to have a drink and beans in your bagpack, when you logoff. You can´t die, when youre 4 weeks offline. Youre starting with the minimum flashing values then.

[/quote']

So thats seriuosly like it supposed to be? Thats sucks!

So if a play on a rainy sunday and its getting late, i just ate my last beans and i see a little town in front of me and i think "its already late, i will go there tomorow", then i HAVE to go there right away anyways because i have to find food and i CANT log out before i found it, because if i dont, i die the next day rushing into the city, desprate searching for food?

srsyl that aint gonna work! Its a game not a tamagotchi! And most people take sleep for work/school rather then playing the game! I love this mod but it cant be, that there is a disadvantage for me, only because iam working!

Yea happened to me yesterday. Had a char for 3 days - big accomplishment for me as I'm very new. I couldn't log in bc I had problems patching and when I finally did I was starving and thirsty. After searching for about an hour I made a call to risk being spotted and run for some army tents in the hopes I'd find food. No luck. Only thing found was me - by about 12 zombies which turned into 22. Died a beautiful death though, downing most of them before they got me.

Thats part of what the mod is. What will happen with you alone in the wilderness? So allways keep that in mind and you´re good.

@Prof Awesome ... for most ppl it works, you only have to think about how this mod wants to be played. If you say crap and tamagotchistyle ... Yes it is and then its no mod for you, sorry.

@Prof Awesome ... for most ppl it works' date=' you only have to think about how this mod wants to be played. If you say crap and tamagotchistyle ... Yes it is and then its no mod for you, sorry.

[/quote']

So? Then tell me how to deal with a Situation like that? I see that village i ran out of food, but i would have at leasat a Hour to find new food (which i wont have if i dare to go offline now)! But i have to go offline, for some reason: School,work,friends, bed etc. ?

What do i do then? I love the mod, and its THE mod for me! But like i said, it cant be a disadvantage that i do something beside playing!

I would like to hear what Rocket or one of the DEV´s is saying about that! Is there a statement, maybe somewhere in the Forum?

get matches, get a hatchet, kill a cow ... do what i do ... it is not that easy i know, but hmmmm I dunno, but believe me, my char died several times, not by starving, but being killed ;)

Try to deal with it and with every time, being dead, you´ll learn your lesson. I did it the same way.

Me and my friend have about 10 raw meat, and wood, our charakters are 3 Days old now and we never found matches, we have a ak47 tons of water, bandanges ammo but no food!

And if we go only today we will die, cuz our last food get wasted while we were searching food, obviously yesterday the werent any food spawn!

and that will suck!

I still think its a unfair disadvantage for player with limited time!

I would like to hear rockets opinion! :/

Along these same lines, I was wondering if there is ever a plan to allow chars to drink directly from a water source? I'm dying of thirst while standing knee deep in a fresh water pond.

Life is unfair, too ;) But next time, you know how to do better.

"Along these same lines, I was wondering if there is ever a plan to allow chars to drink directly from a water source? I'm dying of thirst while standing knee deep in a fresh water pond."

Wheres your bottle?

Don't have one. New patch, you don't start with one. I have most things I need but no water bottle. I'd trade a pack full of beef steaks for one at this point.

Unless the spawnrate of waterbottles (cantines) is borked since the 1.7.1 update there should be enough of empty cantines on loot locations.

With my current suvivor (pre 1.7.1) I still have 4 cantines, I actually dropped 2 more because I needed the slots for other stuff. And i am never far away from a watersource.

wtf is tis zombie apocalypse tamagochi

Yes it is. I intend to play a bit longer than the average ten minute kill streak. So keeping your Survivor alive means you also have to engage a survival mode, and to do that you need a bit more than a powerfull rifle and a big pile of ammo.

wtf is tis zombie apocalypse tamagochi

you need a bit more than a powerfull rifle and a big pile of ammo.

jeah mostly u should not have a job, then u can take care of food for your next login, even if it takes till 2 o´clock in the morning!

srsly guys, it should be same chance for everyone!

Don't have one. New patch' date=' you don't start with one. I have most things I need but no water bottle. I'd trade a pack full of beef steaks for one at this point.[/quote']

There is a suggestion that we could drink from sources. It would make it easier for those who have not yet found a water bottle.