Odin.

Another topic asking HOW to add a whitelist...

HOW do I add a whitelist to my server? don't bother posting links to tutorials because ALL of them seem to be aimed at people who already know how to use MySQL, I have ZERO knowledge on MySQL and all I'm trying to do is add a whitelist to my server, I must of tried about 12 different tutorials all of which have failed because either the instructions leave me scratching my head because they seem to be written in a different language, or because I get bombarded with error messages!

I contacted dayz.st and they responded with a link on a tutorial: http://sponsored.day...le=Whitelisting

Now correct me if I'm wrong (PLEASE SOMEONE CORRECT ME!) but the very first step says create a new database called whitelist, so that is exactly what I attempt to do with no success, I click on the 'Databases' tab and there is a little box called 'create database' so logically I assume this is where I have to create the database, but when I try to create a new database called whitelist I receive an error message:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'bliss_696'@'%' to database 'whitelist'

Can someone PLEASE help me with this issue, every tutorial (and there isn't many) on the net just give very vague and short instructions. Create a new database, HOW do I create a new database? Run the file against your database, HOW do I run the file against my database? Install the .exe on your database and run it, HOW do I install in on my database?

Like I said none of these tutorials are any good to me as I have never used MySQL once in my life, call me a noob, because that is exactly what I am, I'm just a noob that wants a whitelist on my server.

Somebody PLEASE help me!

The only way I can currently whitelist my server is by running Gotcha 24/7 which is NOT an option.

Edited by Odin.

Before you add a Whitelist sit down and look over all lines of Code, Scripts and instructions which are included into MySQL. Most of it is fairly easy to understand and more minor thing's such as where Vehicles Spawn, Player locations, Spawn Points & which Weapons are banned or unable to be found. This can be very useful when Administrating a Server; it can also show what Weapons people have in their inventory, what weapons they had in their inventory and also is the place to put further server Scripts ( Such as Auto-Refuel, Towing ect. ). If I remember correctly, you can also add further Weapons or Vehicles which would otherwise not work via editing the Spawn Table and edit the items which spawn inside vehicles (...Much fun was had when people found a PBX with an AS50 in it on my ol' Server ;-)

I'm not even going to attempt adding any vehicles or modifying spawn tables yet, all I want is a whitelist on my server to allow trusted players on without adding a password, not sure how reading code and instructions (where ever they are) will help me install a whitelist seeing as the actual whitelist instructions don't actually explain HOW to install it.

I gave you some help if you were to ever open the Server - It can tell a lot more about the Players you have on and any 'abnormalities' in the Game. Snide comment's will get you nowhere.

Want my help? Read the instructions correctly. I followed them a few minutes ago to the letter on a DayZ.st Private Hive to find any solutions or errors, works perfect. Contact their Support again with evidence of the exact Error Messages you're getting and you'll get a response soon enough.

..I assumed you wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt and whitelist a Public Hive Server, though I may as well say you cannot if that's what you're trying.

First of all I apologies for any snide remarks I made, I'm just getting frustrated at the seemingly impossible (yet apparently so simple) task of adding a whitelist to my server, but you were talking about player locations, spawn points, banned weapons, what weapons are in players inventories, additional server scripts etc etc, I'm sorry but that doesn't help me install a whitelist, which is what this topic is asking, HOW to install a whitelist, nothing else.

and I have read the instructions 20 times over, and there are some steps I have issues with:

1. Create a new database on your MySQL server called whitelist - Cant do this as I get an error message as stated above, contacted support, nothing yet, google yields no results.

4. Save the file and run the SQL against your database - run the file AGAINST my database? what does that even mean? again, google yields no results.

Also where do I put the files? how do I get them on the database? nothing seems to be answering my questions. Bare in mind the above problems are for one whitelist tutorial, I have tried many others with no success.

And my server is a private hive, not a public hive which I am fully aware you can't whitelist or password protect.