Sign in to follow this  
guidez

Hatchet

I am the hatchet master! Bow before my hatchet!

HACK SLASH

I've noticed that if you hit a player with a hatchet, the player goes FWOOSH and flies a good 50m+. I think rocket noted the melee is underpowered slightly? More like hugely OVERPOWERED: I am dropping zeds like flies, and it seems to be about 12k+ blood per hit.

Good thing that 1.7.1.2 was released when most US servers are night time: Else we'd have hatchet murders up the wazoo.

Hatchets are fucking awesome. Went on a murder spree on the edge of Cherno earlier. Hitting zombies and flying them over buildings into trees and cranes. Sneaking up behind people or chasing them down swinging my hatchet. Felt soooooo good. I like them cause once I find an enemy with another hatchet or a gun I know the odds will even out.

Does the hatchet take up a primary weapon slot or just bag space or what?

Ok, so I have destroyed a BUILDING with a hatchet. Something is wonky! Underpowered? Are you kidding?

Frikkin melee weapons are the most gamey crap ever to hit this game. Weve taken a huge leap away from a survival anti game where the last thing youd want to do is get up close and personal with an infected undead spraying mucus and trying to fucking bite you and now were in the territory that left4dead and every other naff fps does better.

What a load of bollocks.

Frikkin melee weapons are the most gamey crap ever to hit this game. Weve taken a huge leap away from a survival anti game where the last thing youd want to do is get up close and personal with an infected undead spraying mucus and trying to fucking bite you and now were in the territory that left4dead and every other naff fps does better.

What a load of bollocks.

wut?

Everyone was requesting a melee weapon, now when we get it, you don't want it?

Dafuq?

What a load of bollocks.

FYI Survivors are immune to the infection, according to Rocket

Also I'm not finding one hatchet I'm finding like 20 at once. WTF. Someone add a zero to the spawn rate by accident?

They are UBER powerful it seems. Pretty fun. I like the knockback.

I have yet to use it, but from what I'm seeing...

IT SOUNDS AWESOME! :D

I'm pretty sure the building being destroyed was a bug. Try killing a zombie near the wall, that's what triggered it. It might have been the physics of the zombie hitting the wall rather than hatchet itself.

Quick, someone make a YouTube video with you running around, knocking around zeds and players along to this music: