Maloney (DayZ)

Crashed Heli - No Loot

So I just found a crashed heli, a UH-60, and I was eager to search it, I closed in on it, avoided the zeds, but to my surprise there was no loot around the chopper, one door was open, I couldn't get inside. How unfortunate for me. As this is only the second heli I've found I wanted to ask several questions, is it possible for some helis to spawn without loot? Was this simply the result of someone looting it before me? Does the loot despawn? And finally, was I looking in the right places?

Edited by Maloney

they all spawn with loot (i think) someone must have looted it already.

shame

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was lucky to get out of there alive, if it had all been looted there must have been a few players about.

Who is the server host and what map is it? Just I know Vilayer were having this issue with their Taviana servers, but thres a patch to fix it just been released.

Who is the server host and what map is it? Just I know Vilayer were having this issue with their Taviana servers, but thres a patch to fix it just been released.

It was an official Chernarus server.ES 9, IP: 5.39.118.58:2302, hosted by Game-Hunters

Edited by Maloney

probaly bein looted its not always server problems many times they are looted when u get there

Someone beat you to it. Crash sites change location upon every server restart, as does the equipment around the choppers.

Edited by aHzdaNny

yeah i found my first heli crash site last night, but to my dismay all that was lying nearby was a camo outfit and a shed load of stanag rounds but no weapons etc. I take it this was most likely also looted ahead of me?

Every single chopper I've found (5 of them) have been looted before I got to it :P

Maybe one day I'll get the loot.

the last five crashes ive been to have had tin and soda cans laying around so I picked them up and stashed them in the nearest car

yeah i found my first heli crash site last night, but to my dismay all that was lying nearby was a camo outfit and a shed load of stanag rounds but no weapons etc. I take it this was most likely also looted ahead of me?

no it wasnt the camo clothing would have been long gone

All of the above is correct but the loot might also be covered by grass etc. so usually you got to hover the cursor around to find the shit.

All of the above is correct but the loot might also be covered by grass etc. so usually you got to hover the cursor around to find the shit.

I've seen people on YouTube find heli crashes and find gear like this. There's sometimes a gun under the chopper aswell.

Typically they get hit pretty fast, but the loot is also notoriously hard to see in some spawns. Just gotta use your best judgment on if it's worth it rolling around in the grass to find a gun.

best time to go hunting for them is just after a server restart... they will have changed location and have new loot.

That was a resupply chopper, carrying ammo, they have a couple of those, carrying food and drink, and others that carry medical supplies