Sign in to follow this  
Zypha

A wild idea.

Me and a friend got around to an idea when chatting about the DayZ SA earlier and, I quote: 'I would hand over 50 GBP to Rocket for a pre-alpha copy of the SA'.

It got me wondering, how many of you would hand over a medium amount of currency to have a pre-alpha copy of the SA?

If it meant I wouldn't have to buy it again upon official release then sure!

But 50 quid is a bit much. I iz poor

As Im not interested in detailed bug feedback and fault finidng, I'm only interested in playing teh game (and enduring any 'Work In Progress' bugs), I'd just wait for alpha release.

That's a good point there Box. Me and my friend are the kind that love feedback, bug testing and pushing a game to its limits, which is probably a large factor into why we'd be willing to hand over the coin.

This is no idea unless you're actually suggesting that people should be able to buy their way into pre-alpha testing which is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by aHzdaNny

If it meant that we wouldn't have to buy it again when the full release came out, sure. I wouldn't mind helping to find bugs and what not but I would mind if I had to buy the game again.

The worry would be, Alpha/pre-alpha is a critical time of testing and what not, many people would pay to play as early as they coul d(and save themselves a few pennies) and either not help with the bug testing and fault finidng or complain 'cos the game was full of bugs. This would probably defeat the object of having the alpha testing in the first place.

Edited by Box
  • Like 2

Seeing as it's in alpha right now and it would be pre alpha, and he did say it would follow the minecraft model of sell, I would pay 10 dollars now so I don't have to pay 30 later for full release. I am pretty stingy but if Rocket says he will put it out right now for 10 dollars, and everything is subject to change or I might lose gear or start a new because of something for the game, or somedays I wouldn't be able to play at all he would have my 10 dollars right now, guaranteed.

I would think a lot less of Rocket and his team if they allowed anyone to buy their way into closed testing - that would do way more harm than good and potentially cause a lot of harm to the actual release.

I'd rather that the testing phase was limited to the testers selected allowing them to do a good job finding bugs without having to worry about morons that have bought their way in and have no interest in helping sort the game for release.

That said, I would not pay anything for pre-alpha access, it's pointless (There are no players to play with) and the game can change far too dramatically at this point in the development cycle.