Sign in to follow this  
dds__@hotmail.com

Zombies are zero threat now

You can pull 30 into a building and they all drop agro on you. I want to be scared again...

Dude.... I completely agree. I looooove the line of sight, LOOOVE how they look for you for a sec when you lose em around corner's. Hate how easy you can lose em. Need to be just a tad more persistent.

Once the kinks are worked out, they will spawn in buildings as well, basically making you have to run into the forest to lose them.

Note: Alpha

i like the idea of LOS but they need to be a much longer "looking for survivor" timer after losing LOS, even walking in building to look

also using your flashlight should increase your visibility, especially when i shine it in the zeds face!

well, considering they can spawn inside a building with you its kinda nice. and if you manage to hide inthe backroom of a convenience store and lose them, all power to you, they go to where they last see you, and that last room is a huge gamble, they open doors now, and some still see through stuff.

looting in the first place is the hardest thing, which kidna sucks, but i enjoy it still.

Didn't Rocket say something about the raytracing having issues inside buildings? Wasn't that about the zombie AI? I think he intends to make them still look for you inside buildings but right now it's not working properly so rather than hold off the update until he got those working he went ahead and released it without it. Patience and enjoy the new update. =) I've already grouped up with 5 separate people some had guns some didn't...sometimes I had a gun sometimes I didn't. So far I think it's really helped the KoS to first of all make zombies have better eyes and to make surviving a lot more difficult.

also using your flashlight should increase your visibility' date=' especially when i shine it in the zeds face!

[/quote']

I'm up for a challenge but man new the line of sight is extremely tough from the start at night especially when your in an area with no doors to run into or trees or walls to hide behind.

After playing tonight on an expert server in the Dark I gotta say I think the flashlights should be left the way they are. Making them so they draw attention from zeds will probably seal the deal in killing any night time play for new players. The balance IMO is that your taking a risk using the light from another player.

During the day I agree in certain areas like the camps and barns it is almost easier to just run in and agro the zombies right now then run into a building and out another door and keep this up while quickly identifying what is inside to possibly grab.

doing that at night is a bit more tuff.

You can pull 30 into a building and they all drop agro on you. I want to be scared again...

The crybabies will claim it's too hard.

I was having fun running around in Cherno with an enfield shooting away at zombies trying to get a can of food off the bodies. The zombies would come running for me and I would just run into a building and repeat the process. Soooo many zombies at one point, maybe 80 I think, I bugged the game because they all despawned on me trying to get in the building.

If your referring to 1.7.2 then I would have to agree, rather than explain why though ill just paraphrase my reply to a similar issue as it covers much the same issues.

"after dieing about 10 times in one day, ended up enjoying the new eagle eyed zombies brought to the table in 1.7.1, however since 1.7.2 it seems that the zombies detection has sadly been greatly nerfed, also the dark nights issue has been fixed, allowing use of the gamma exploit once again, which I think is a shame, I thought it was much cooler to force the player to actually make use of things like flashlights and flares(Why bother putting these things in the game if people will bypass them to use gamma exploits, the latest patch is a clear indicator that Rocket is cool with it since he added it back after it was taken away), but meh, I guess the casual masses kicked up a stink so rocket reverted. overall 1.7.2 seems like it got the carebear treatment in terms of difficulty"

"after dieing about 10 times in one day' date=' ended up enjoying the new eagle eyed zombies brought to the table in 1.7.1, however since 1.7.2 it seems that the zombies detection has sadly been greatly nerfed, also the dark nights issue has been fixed, allowing use of the gamma exploit once again, which I think is a shame, I thought it was much cooler to force the player to actually make use of things like flashlights and flares(Why bother putting these things in the game if people will bypass them to use gamma exploits, the latest patch is a clear indicator that Rocket is cool with it since he added it back after it was taken away), but meh, I guess the casual masses kicked up a stink so rocket reverted. overall 1.7.2 seems like it got the carebear treatment in terms of difficulty"

[/quote']

QFT.

Was running around with my flashlight when on a whim tried changing my gamma and realised i could now see everything perfectly. Suddenly the game became extremely boring and i dced.

What we need is the original lighting but the gamma setting removed from user control.

Also yeah the zeds are useless again, got well kitted up from spawn within about 30mins of play without agroing a single zed.

im happy with the 1.7.2 update, but im still not happy about infected being able to open doors

I can't imagine a stumbling zombie opening a door it does not compute for me. climbing ladders is fine if the ladder goes all the way to the ground, if it does not then a infected should not be able to climb.

Before this latest patch i died alot because shooting would just bring a horde of zombies.

Now I can use knives, and hatchets and get ninja kills to clear out an area.