Odin.

HOW do I add a whitelist to my server? (without running a program 24/7)

I've been running my server for about a month now and it was all going fine until the hackers started to join and destroy everything on a daily basis. I want to add a white list to the server but the only way I can do it is with Gotcha, and that needs to be running 24/7 for it to work which is simply not an option for me as I can't keep my computer on all day every day (damn these high energy bills!).

I've read in a few places you can have a white list running on the actual server, something to do with the SQL database, but as I'm a complete noob with that sort of thing, and there is not a single tutorial on how to set up a white list on the entire internet for some bizarre reason, despite the rage against hackers. Can someone give me a few tips or instructions on how to set one up? someone on these forums must know!

Any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks.

complete noob

Quick google search is not what I'm after, that link explains nothing to me, I need a tutorial, or someone to explain it.

-on nix install php5 with sockets and mb_string extantions

I literally have no idea what that means, when I said complete noob I meant it haha.

and where on the server do I install those files, and how? and it doesn't appear to be server side if I have to run the .bat on my machine...

Edited by Odin.

The .bat should be running on the server (for a windows server, I do believe the majority of servers are windows servers).

.nix means you are running a linux server.

What server host do you use?

Do you have access to the desktop of the server?

The host is DayZ.st, and I don't have access to the desktop of the server, only to the database.

This is what I mean, I have no idea where to put those files in the database, or how to, doesn't give any explanation to that part.

Wish there was an answer to this. I too have dayz.st server and want to run a whitelist, without having to run a program in the background 24/7.

Seems the best options for me is to run WhiteList tool for Arma2/DayZ on a linux server in the background, but perhaps using a cron job (I have access to a dedicated linux box), but I would have preferred to keep this on the DayZ server.

Is there seriously no-one else out there who has a dayz.st server, with a whitelist that doesn't have a program running 24/7 on a third-party machine?

Regards

Edited by si77