Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

Heroes, what was the moment that made you, share stories

I'm interested in hearing what moment made you choose the path of a hero, did you save someone or did someone save you and change your mind?

For me it was the moment I saved a new guy meer moments from bleeding out( about 100 blood left) after clearing out a horde that had broken his legs , gave him an ak Kobra and some gear, he thanked me and left me his Alice pack and went his own way ,

The next time I logged in I had a hero skin, from that moment on I knew that the heroes path was for me

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

For me? It was finding some fellow in Chernogorsk, getting beaten to death while unconscious at the supermarket. I took out the zombies, and almost a minute later, after bloodbagging him, I hear an AK outside, and bullets whizzing by. The guy with the AK slowly went up to the supermarket, and was almost upon me when I hear a Makarov light him up from behind. It was the guy from earlier. As the AK guy starts turning around, I peek out, and empty my Makarov into his back. He fell down, dead, and we shared his loot. We decided to team up, heading north, and came across another guy in Vybor. He was apparently on low blood. I heal him, and hear the sound of an M107 coming from Stary. Me and my new friend, as well as the third we healed, headed to Stary, and found him up on the hill near the small block building on the northern hill. The third guy, who had picked up an M9 SD from a deer stand, took out the sniper. We then found a car, about a kilometer north of the dead sniper, and drove it to Berezino to restack on medical supplies. We then see a freshspawn running into the supermarket with about 30 zombies on his tail. We help him out, and give him a spare Revolver that was in the car. We then drove back down to Elektro, and healed up a few people there, and went to Cherogorsk, and helped a couple of people who had just survived a shootout with a bandit on the firestation. After patrolling the coast a few times, my original friend I had met outside the supermarket had gotten shot with a DMR. After dragging him into cover, I gave him bandages, painkillers, epi-penned him, and the blood bagged him. I then got teleported to the ocean, then back, and they said something about me looking different. I go into third person and have this plaid shirt on. At first, I thought it was a hack, but I searched it up and found out it was the Hero skin. From then on out, I have dedicated myself to helping those in need, and hurting those who wish to do nothing more but harm others.

• Like 3

It's just my way the fight banditry and it's rampancy in the game (I don't know if this is still so, I haven't played in a bit)

It's just my way the fight banditry and it's rampancy in the game (I don't know if this is still so, I haven't played in a bit)

Oh, the bandits are still there, trust me on that. Head to Elektro/Cherno, and find yourself lit up by some guy with an AK on top of the firehouse.

I think the point to turn into an Hero came when i started playing Chernarus without my Team. i spawned in Prigorodki and made my way up to Elektro to grab starting gear and some Medics. Firestation and Church were empty so i moved to the Hospital next before checking School and Supermarket.

Since i got no Weapon there was no other way to gain Medics then climbing the roof. I looked arround ... save. So i made my way up the ladder.

I hate being that exposed so i tryed to move fast. almost on the top a Bullet just hit the wall to the left of me.

Reaching the roof i instantly drop prone. My Hearth starts beating , i start thinking how i can just come down the top again and evade him.

I decided to Jump on the middle roof and then Jump down risking to die, but have a chance to run away. I stand up again when an Maschine gun start to fire at me from the roof of the school. Droping prone again to realize i was trapped. So just when i though ok just give up and let the badits kill you, i hear some enfield shots in the town, a few moments later the metalic sounds of the ladder appears. i turned arround focusing the ladder, to face my opponent when he comes up to finish the unarmed victim.

But it wans´t a Bandit showing up , it was a guy in a Hero skin asking me if i got hurt by the Bandits and need any help, dropping his Pistol and leading me the way to the Bandit´s dead bodies to gear up. We walked arround the starting towns and helped some People to survive.

I was the saved one and then turned into the savior, a Hero.

Thats the story how i became a Hero.

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 1

I was in electro and heard someone call for help, turned out he was a bandit but I helped him and his friend anyway. Helped clear electro fixed up a car for them gave them food, medical supplies, and sent them on there way.

I was watching Frankie play DayZ and he helped a lot of people out. I've also seen Rhino help people :P So I figured I might as well try it out and see if it was indeed better then being a bandit. And I must say.

It can be better to help people then shooting them in the face.

I had raided the Hosp in Cherno (by the apartments) and was heading east along the treeline when I spotted a guy headed into Cherno on a bike. I watched him pass with his zombie parade and continued east. He came over side several minutes later screaming for help because he was trapped in the now empty hosp. with broken legs. He said he had come to Cherno for morphine but found none. I knew that he found none because of me so I ran west along the treeline and approached the hosp from the north. I threw smoke and rushed the horde and drew alot of them to me before I ran around the building. As the zombies staggered to the smoke or lost interest having lost sight of me I went into the hosp and found him KO'd. I gave him morphine, a transfusion and epi penned him. Then gave him 2 of everything I had looted and when he turned around to look at me I was already halfway across the field. It felt good to help someone so I became a hero.

I was approaching the Zeleno super market and I was just inside the concrete wall near the store. Their were tons of zombies around so I was basically just laying there prone waiting for an opportunity to move forward. When I had approached the town the zeds had not spawned but by the sheer number of zeds creeping around I knew others had to be near by. Moments later I start hearing 2 different types of gun fire about 80 meters away in a field behind me. I'm thinking it is 2 guys fighting one another. A few moments later 2 survivors come running right through an opening in the fence about 10 meters away. I can hear them talking to one another in direct chat. One is screaming at the other that he is bleeding and low on blood, the other guy is telling him to keep moving to the store. I take a look around at 60-70 zeds between myself and them, decide to switch to SAW. I unload so many bullets into that crazy frenzy of zeds. I'm just watching them drop one by one. My adrenaline is pumping and I am scanning everywhere on my screen for the next target when I notice the two survivors just watching me through the window. I finally finish killing a few more hauling it into the back of the store. As I'm entering one guy is saying to the other "Hell no man we are not going to shoot him, that's our hero." I ended up talking with them for a minute and we exchanged some supplies. They told me they thought I was trying to kill them at first until they had entered into store and bandaged and realized the shower of bullets were meant for the real enemy. So since then I play as hero trying to save people when I can. Plus I look good in blue.

• Like 1

After surviving for about a month I randomly ran into someone in the wilderness who shot at me, instinct kicked in and I killed him. Only to be shot in the back by his buddy moments later.

I realized that death is inevitable in dayz. No matter how tactical or careless I was, death was always just around the corner. My only hope was to sit in the forest somewhere, hiding from the world, emerging only to fill up canteens, hunt some game, then vanish back into the wilderness. It's no way to go through life.

So, I vowed to change my ways, I stopped hiding the shadows and came into the light. I helped everyone, even if that meant being a dead body full of gear for some needy bandit. It was great, just the fresh start I needed, and I've never looked back.

• Like 1

I was in DayZ 2017. Nighttime. In my possession was a Lee Enfield and a Makarov-- a combination which made me a force to be reckoned with.

I was making my way through Elektro, bound northward, when outside the church I heard gunshots near the school house, and the sky was lit up with flares. I immediately went prone, and as I was crawling towards the church two survivors came running towards me, with nothing but hatchets. I crouched and ordered them inside the church. Upon interrogating them, I found out that a huge brawl was going on at the school house. Hatchets, crowbars, pistols shotguns and even a Lee Enfield were in the fray, I was told-- so I chose to stay away. I ushered my hostages to the altar, when a third came inside. I sent him with the others, and had them face away from me. Bullets were scarce; I took out my Makarov, but they still didn't sense what was going on. One of them peaked over his shoulder and asked if I was going to kill him.

For some reason, I said no.

Instead, I asked them if they wanted to join me. We'd head west, I told them, into Chernogorsk. They all agreed, and I gave my Makarov to one of them. They were loyal to me; it's amazing at which point DayZ can be a social experiment. I held their lives in my hands, I had the biggest gun, so I was the leader-- even when they all found Winchesters and Lee Enfields. 'Twas the first time I spared the lives of survivors like that.

And then we killed a bunch of innocent survivors. Still, closest I've come to being a hero!

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

I meet up with a unarmed stranger in Elecktro, tells me he has a friend he left in Cherno and if anyone would help he would be happy. I said alright lets get some stuff and head out. We packed up for the trip, it's not far, and we knew it wasn't, but the both of us realized when we go our separate ways it's going to be hard to stock pile again so do it now and save the trouble. He grabs a remington 870, I grab a hatchet. Once we were loaded we headed out, we talked about myths for a while, stories, laughed, had a great time. It got dark once we got to the mountain between Cherno and Elecktro. We didn't go up the mountain, which is what I regret. He turns on his flashlight form his 870 as we get near a lighthouse. We look around for a bike to try and get to Cherno faster. Before we know it winchester shots are coming at us. I get shot in the back before we can react. My stranger friend starts trying to light up this man but can't really seem to get a handle on him sense that man was running circles around him. I try to get in and attack but I end up breaking my friends legs, making it easier pickings for that scumbag to take him apart. As I hide behind a bush the bandit scans but lost site of me. In some great stroke of luck, that scumbag thought I left. He goes to the body to loot it, I shed a tear. I jumped out of the bush, with hatchet in hand running over to the bandit and start hacking at him. I managed to break his legs, and he did to me as well. At this point I can barely see with all the tears in my eyes, I just hacked away. When I was done I didn't even see the body, but I knew he was down.

I go over to my friends body, crawling with all the strength I have left. I am still crying at this point. I tell him I am sorry, I tell him I am going to finish this mission. I get out with the last ounce of strength I have left, salute, then bury him. I crawl to Cherno and found his friend. I break the bad news and he gives me a stick of morphine, gives me a blood transfusion. I stay with him for a while to give him some closure, give him a moment of silence. Then we both headed out of Cherno. We were headed north, but we split ways. I just couldn't bear to tell him that I was the fault his friend was not there.

Edited by BearGravy
  • Like 1

Well, one day I was walking along the coast with an akm, a bag full of morphine and bloodbags, and a pocket full of dreams.

I happened upon a hapless wandering survivor wearing a bandit mask who appeared unarmed, as if he had just washed up on the beach. He appeared to be in need, so I shot him in the kneecaps to teach him the harsh realities of the land. As he was crawling away in horror, he could only ask "why? Why would you shoot me?" Since he did not shout expletives at me, i gave him some morphine, a transfusion, and told him to be on his way. He saluted me and started running east down the coast towards cherno, as many hapless birdies too.

As he was running away with a renewed sense of life, I shot him in the legs again. I patched him up again and suddenly reached enlightenment. As thanks, I shot him yet AGAIN, and left him to his fate.

Hours later I was driving down the coast and saw a body. I decided to stop and check it out. Studying his body, it appeared to be the same person who I had shot in the legs three times only hours earlier. Indeed, he had only crawled about 100 meters away from where his legs had last been broken before he decided to end it, or perhaps a zombie got to him first. Who knows?

Why did I do it? Well, for the lulz of course.

and that sweet, sweet hero skin.

and that sweet, sweet hero skin.

But you don't get a Hero Skin from killing bandits, I thought...