Sign in to follow this  
gjvah

New to DayZ, help needed.

Hello everyone, after much reading, I decided to get DayZ and get my friends playing with me. It's 3 of us, all new to ARMA and DayZ. Normally, I wouldn't make threads like this, but this time, reading and researching has provided some very mixed results and I would greatly appreciate if you could take a moment and point me in the right direction. So far, we've figured out how to install Arma2, the required expansions (Arrowhead and Private Military Company for the better textures) DayZ Commander and all the tweaks and updates to get the game working. We played for a day, on different servers, trying to find something suitable for us. This is where our issue begins.

DayZ commander made filtering servers easier, but we're still having problems finding a "home". What we want is basically the vanilla DayZ experience. As in, a stable server that we can return to every night and play. We found a few "noob friendly" servers, but unfortunately they all have their problems. One was like being in a bar full of kids, with 20+ people chatting in the side channel (voice) which killed the atmosphere. The other kept kicking one of my friends for having the wrong DayZ version, even though that was not the case. Another was full of bandits, that knew where we spawned every single time, and they would hunt us down and kill us for the heck of it.

I guess what I'm asking for is a normal, safe server, with normal people on, with no modifications. We all start with nothing, (or maybe just a map so we can find eachother) so we can experience DayZ how it's meant to be experienced. I've read these forums enough to know that it's not a good idea to ask for good servers on here, since that would be like telling the a-holes what to raid next, so if anyone has suggestions, you can PM me if it's not too much trouble. (we're located on the west coast, SoCal and Washington State)

Also, if you guys have any "pro tips" for a noob group such as my friends and I, please feel free to share them.

Thank you very much for reading and helping out in advance.

Feel free to add me on skype: iamtheghoast

I'm willing to help you ingame, and set you in the right direction, and help you find a home server that's suitable for all of your squad.

• Like 1

Before I say anything, I can vouch for VisionTwelve, he plays on the bottom server some times and he has shown to be adept at surviving

I reconmend you try out our 28 DayZ Later Server. FIlter "JackPot" or join via IP "74.91.123.191:2302 We are an original DayZ Chernarus server with some modifications that help in the immersion. We have very strong antihacks and a dedicated team.

More information and what people think of our server is on this thread http://dayzmod.com/f...ag-free-server/ Please check us out.

We are running this server off of a 4 Core Nehalem Processor with Hyperthreading at 3.9GHz, as well as 4GB of Dedicated Ram. Your experience will be hack and lag free. At the moment we are pretty new and offering a deal.

If you bring a friend on to the server, you can receive a sidearm of your choice and Czech Backpack spawn.

We also have a teamspeak and will have a private whitelist server with the same hive, a server players can retreat to if under hacker attack. We do rollbacks, active log monitoring, dayz Anti hax, GOtcha anti hacks, Directory/Memory scan, Ip Bans, Battleye Extended Controls, as well as TSW antihacks.

On top of this we are running exclusive scripts and player behavious tracking programs to weed out hackers.

• Like 2

1. Play on veteran servers. Seems to be less hackers.

2. Always use direct chat.

3. Always avoid confrontations if possible. Don't just run at people screaming "friendly".

4. Use trees as cover when approaching loot-able areas instead of running through fields.

5. Try to avoid looting buildings with only once entrance. Zombies will easily trap you.

6. Turn your gamma up all the way when playing at night. Do not use a flashlight, you will be visible for miles.

7. Items to always pick up: Toolbox, hatchet, compass, map, matches, and a hunting knife because they fill up different inventory slots.

8. Try to put non essential items in your back pack instead of filling up your inventory. Having open slots in your inventory allows you to quickly pick up items if you are in a pinch.

Also, I would recommend playing some wasteland (it is an arma 2 mission). This is basically a team death match and will improve your combat and stealth skills. Many new DayZ players panic in gun-on-gun situations. I'm no pro, but pm me if you wanna team up. I am a friendly-type player.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the helpful replies and PMs. You guys rock! Amazing community.

jpc87t.png

Hi, we're a gaming-clan community called Sysus Gaming. We're on the brink uprising and we started not long ago. Unfortunately we haven't got alot of people, so that's why we're posting this advertisement on the DayZ Forums.

We don't want people getting a wrong clue of what we are, - we're not a community with their own actual servers, but more of a mixture of a clan, a band of friends and a community. We on the other hand have a ArmA 2 CO Server that we use for training but it's nothing official.

Back on track; why are we making this thread? We mainly focus on playing DayZ and recording DayZ footage. But we are currently lacking an active squad to play with us. We're mostly more better of a team-players rather than solo-runners. So if you think that you meet our requirements, feel free to jump by our Teamspeak3.

Requirements;

• Skilled - we would like if you were a good player, knew your way around the game or its surroundings.
  • Mature - we don't want squeaky kids into a channel that whine or cry about everything. People that are calm, don't gibber or chit-chat too much.
  • Patient - we mostly want people that are patient, not action-hungry or stupid to rush in.
  • Microphone - people that have got a good quality microphone, it doesn't have to be an expensive one, just one that doesn't have uncomfortable background noises etcetera.
  • Headset - we want people that have got a headset instead of speakers; it's quite frankly annoying when you talk and you hear yourself over their speakers. This is a necessity.
  • Tactical - we want people that have some understandment of being tactical or well teamed not people that only depend on themselves.
  • English - must speak fluent English.

Teamspeak3 IP: eurots3.gameservers.com:9236

• Like 1