Sign in to follow this  
LordPie

Loot/zombie spawns in newly visited areas very slow.

Having an issue and am wondering if this is just a general characteristic of the mod or if the server I am on is under-performing.

Basically spawns of loot/zombies in areas which have never had players before are extremely delayed on the server I am playing on. When we roll into a town and stop at a store for instance, it is completely empty and the area is devoid of zombies for several minutes. Checking out deer stands really suck because of this.

We are using a vehicle to get around so one of my guesses was that we arrive into a new area faster than the server can keep up with the spawning.

Is this a normal thing to have happen? If not is there any way to combat it happening? Thanks for any help.

Has this problem happened to you on different servers? Sounds more like a server issue to me, as i've been on several servers that have had issues with zombies/loot spawning.

Never had it happen quite like it does on the main server I play on, but I have also never used a vehicle anywhere else either. The server belongs to a friend of mine so I would like to continue playing there, but the delay really breaks the flow of the game when every "loot stop" you make while traveling a long distance has a 5 minute wait time just for a pile of tin cans to appear. :(

Never had it happen quite like it does on the main server I play on' date=' but I have also never used a vehicle anywhere else either. The server belongs to a friend of mine so I would like to continue playing there, but the delay really breaks the flow of the game when every "loot stop" you make while traveling a long distance has a 5 minute wait time just for a pile of tin cans to appear. :(

[/quote']

Have you asked him to restart the server? This can fix slow spawn issues.

Have you asked him to restart the server? This can fix slow spawn issues.

Tried this multiple times unfortunately to no avail. This has been a consistent issue over multiple restarts and updates to the server. Going to see if he can contact the provider about it since it seems like this isn't normal.

my buddy noticed this on my server, but im still running 1.7. he was running around cherno and nothing was spawning even after disconnecting/reconnecting. i have noticed that stuff doesnt want to spawn in your immediate area. typically on a server restart, me and my friends will roll into the NW airfield and loot will take like 30 seconds to a minute to spawn we also cant go into the barracks right away. you need to be like outside of the building it seems.