Sign in to follow this  
Baiski AU

FPS Problem

Ok so i played DayZ since like early July. Ran it fine on Low settings on my Laptop while being in a skype call. (

Please no "Laptops aren't gaming machine , get a gaming pc" I am going to get a desktop soon.

My gpu isn't good for gaming, same goes for my cpu.

My problem is i use to run the game FINE. Literally smooth as a few months ago. Now it is just laggy. I go from 20 fps to 4 fps

within a minute. It goes fine for 15 seconds or so then laggy for a minute or two.

I use to play on Normal or Low settings. I did a full system scan for viruses, changed the resolution, cleared HDD space

( i have 224gb out of 496gb available.) , set arma2oa too high priority didn't help and even updated my graphics card to no avail.

Just did a test. 47 seconds running between 15-30 fps . Dropped below 10 fps for 1 minute 10 seconds.

That's with only Arma2oa , steam and Fraps running (Fraps wasn't recording of course)

Anyone got a clue how to fix this?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Here's all the Laptops exact Specs.

http://www.hardwares.....<br /><br />(I have bought 2GB more RAM so 4GB Ram in total.)

Edited by Baiski AU

Have you checked your temps while at full load? It's probably overheating and you may have damaged components due to overheating in the past.

Have you checked your temps while at full load? It's probably overheating and you may have damaged components due to overheating in the past.

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but is there something in task manager that does that? Or do i download something like Speed Fan program?

Try speed fan to verify temps. I agree that heat will cause stability/performance issues, and this can get worse over time.

It might be worth your while to open the case, and clean the fan(s). You could also reapply some good thermal paste to your CPU at the same time.

On most comps, this can all be done in 15 minutes.

GL

Try speed fan to verify temps. I agree that heat will cause stability/performance issues, and this can get worse over time.

It might be worth your while to open the case, and clean the fan(s). You could also reapply some good thermal paste to your CPU at the same time.

On most comps, this can all be done in 15 minutes.

GL

Thanks heaps for the reply. Speed Fan is downloading now. I'll reply with results.

EDIT: http://s14.postimage.org/sngc7n42p/temp.png

Ah weird thing, i was getting 30 Fps then gradually dropped. I quickly Alt+Tabbed out and got the screen shot.

Thoughts? Is that bad? It looks bad.

Edited by Baiski AU

i used to have the same problem, my laptop was getting in the 80C area so i bought a cooling mat, and turn it on whenever i play dayZ, and its fine now. apparently external cooling fans will work better than mats, but i've been using a mat for a while and not had any problems. hope this helps!

:D

Edited by elf cakes

i used to have the same problem, my laptop was getting in the 80C area so i bought a cooling mat, and turn it on whenever i play dayZ, and its fine now. apparently external cooling fans will work better than mats, but i've been using a mat for a while and not had any problems. hope this helps!

:D

thanks, i have to buy one. Looks like ccleaner and disk defraging didn't work.

You can't download a program and hope to fix the overheating, I had this exact problem as you probably saw my thread. Open up your PC so that your CPU & GPU are exposed. You really should clean it once every 3 months or so, to prevent overheating, while you are at it, you should replace the thermal compound. That bumped my DayZ performance back to 30-40 frames/s from 10 fps.

Hope this helps, it helped me a lot. You should regularly clean your pc to keep it running at top performance. Best part is, it only takes about 15-20 minutes.

You can't download a program and hope to fix the overheating, I had this exact problem as you probably saw my thread. Open up your PC so that your CPU & GPU are exposed. You really should clean it once every 3 months or so, to prevent overheating, while you are at it, you should replace the thermal compound. That bumped my DayZ performance back to 30-40 frames/s from 10 fps.

Hope this helps, it helped me a lot. You should regularly clean your pc to keep it running at top performance. Best part is, it only takes about 15-20 minutes.

That's where the fact that mine pc is infact aa laptop which makes it very difficult. As for a program fixing my problem, it isn't meant to fix the heating, all it does is tell you the temp of your gpu , cpu and hdd.

Edited by Baiski AU

It does indeed. Well I can't help you any further. This fixed it for me :) Best of luck to ya.