GiggleStick

New spawn system suggestion

I've talked this over with quite a few of my friends, who all play, and all loved the idea. I figured I would post it on here to get everyones opinion (Including Rocket).

I do feel like the no gun spawn is a great idea, as it is much more realistic than everyone on an island all owning a small pistol. One of my biggest complaints about the scenario set by the random spawn is the idea that I don't know anyone around me? IRL, I know all of my neighbors, and I would have to think that if this situation arose, I would atleast start the surviving experience with friendlies, and slowly run into more and more hostiles as I moved to towns I was unfamiliar with. It also doesn't make sense that every survivor has the same equipment to start out with. Humanity tends to live longer when there is something you can still connect with from your past. This random spawn along the coast also seems to bring forth alot of PVP in the only 2 cities within quick reach, and alot of spawn camping, because its relatively easy to guess where new players will spawn.

My suggestion... Let us use the entire map to spawn. This will play to the scenario of a real life zombie outbreak. Allow us to choose a town to spawn in, and spawn us in a low yeild house with no supplies in our inventory. This will completely randomize the starting equipment, as we will be forced to start with what is in the house we spawn in (Sometimes a shotgun, sometimes an AR, somtimes nothing at all). This will also eliminate the painful 2 hours of walking to link up with friends, just to get shot as soon as we see each other. This will fit the scenario of neighbors, and migrating to towns where we know no-one. I feel like this is a much more believable scenario, and it could make things alot more fun for us.

Please feel free to discuss, and add your own suggestions, or completely rule mine out if the community thinks it sucks. Either way, Thanks for reading! :D

i agree with this, but then ALOT of people will spawn near the airfields, maybe keep them resticted?

i agree with this' date=' but then ALOT of people will spawn near the airfields, maybe keep them resticted?

[/quote']

I would agree with that. Stick to smaller towns in the southern half maybe?

The problem with allowing players to choose where they spawn is, everyone would spawn in high-loot-yield town OR choose to spawn in any town near the NW airfield.

For me this isn't a high priority, but I can understand why people want to spawn near friends. Honestly though, after getting my friends used to the game we don't have a problem meeting up.

Having players spawning all over the map at random rather than always at the coast could work... but I don't like the idea of players actually being able to choose where they spawn. That would make it too easy to spawn near loot hotspots.