sata3d

Beta Patch 92612 fix direct chat !!

Don't know if this will help anyone else out, but this is what I used to launch the mod and the patch through steam.

"-mod=Expansion\beta;@dayz" -nosplash

Don't know where everyone else is getting expansion\beta\expansion\beta\expansion... like 7 different loops of expansion and beta?

I havent been able to test out if direct chat works yet, but in the main menu screen of arma it does say Beta and DayZ so i'm assuming I did it right.

Install the beta patch Type this in the steam ARMA2:OA launch options.

"-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz" -nosplash

(For those that installed @dayz in ARMA2:OA folder.) That will launch the mod' date=' combined operations and the beta exe.

[/quote']

This doesn't work for me. I just get a crash at launch saying 'Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine".

I can't for the life of me get this working by launching CO through Steam. Any help would be really appreciated. Game's been flawless until this stupid beta patch.

jordNZ, thats exactly what I was getting. Try what I used in my above post and see if it works for you too.

Updated, game loads fine with the 'beta' label. However, still cant join the beta aussie server. It wont let me, says 'incompatible version' or something. Still has the red cross next to the server name too.

Sigh.

jordNZ' date=' thats exactly what I was getting. Try what I used in my above post and see if it works for you too.

[/quote']

I don't think your method will work - I'm not saying this to be negative, I 'm just trying to keep this issue open for solutions. I can see why it should work but the parameters you've set just tell it what to look for and display in the menu. You could essentially write '-mod=crazyfakemodname' in the launch options and it will still display at the top right of the menu. The telling factor is the game version in the bottom right. It should be 1.60.9xxxx as apposed to 1.60.8xxxxx (forgot those other number indicated with 'x' but you get what I mean).

I don't understand why this will not work through Steam? I can launch it using the beta shortcut, but there is no Steam overlay and nor does it launch as CO.

I essentially want to launch my game as CO through Steam, and have the beta patch work and DayZ work (DayZ currently works fine using this method, so I can't understand why the beta patch doesn't).

Also, my beta files are just sitting in my directory - I can keep them there and run ArmA 2 CO normally, right? As in, I will just be running the current official version? Also, if an official update is released, what do I do with the beta files? I had a feeling this beta patching wouldn't be as easy as I had hoped for with Steam... Just don't want it to screw up my game files (probably can't but it's always a worry)...

I don't think your method will work - I'm not saying this to be negative' date=' I 'm just trying to keep this issue open for solutions. I can see why it should work but the parameters you've set just tell it what to look for and display in the menu. You could essentially write '-mod=crazyfakemodname' in the launch options and it will still display at the top right of the menu. The telling factor is the game version in the bottom right. It should be 1.60.9xxxx as apposed to 1.60.8xxxxx (forgot those other number indicated with 'x' but you get what I mean).

I don't understand why this will not work through Steam? I can launch it using the beta shortcut, but there is no Steam overlay and nor does it launch as CO.

I essentially want to launch my game as CO through Steam, and have the beta patch work and DayZ work (DayZ currently works fine using this method, so I can't understand why the beta patch doesn't).

Also, my beta files are just sitting in my directory - I can keep them there and run ArmA 2 CO normally, right? As in, I will just be running the current official version? Also, if an official update is released, what do I do with the beta files? I had a feeling this beta patching wouldn't be as easy as I had hoped for with Steam... Just don't want it to screw up my game files (probably can't but it's always a worry)...

[/quote']

Understood with regards to -crazyfakemodname, so my problem is the same as yours. The mod isnt loading.

When I try to run the beta through its own .exe, i get the Direct3D9 error.

I don't think your method will work - I'm not saying this to be negative' date=' I 'm just trying to keep this issue open for solutions. I can see why it should work but the parameters you've set just tell it what to look for and display in the menu. You could essentially write '-mod=crazyfakemodname' in the launch options and it will still display at the top right of the menu. The telling factor is the game version in the bottom right. It should be 1.60.9xxxx as apposed to 1.60.8xxxxx (forgot those other number indicated with 'x' but you get what I mean).

[/quote']

Understood with regards to -crazyfakemodname, so my problem is the same as yours. The mod isnt loading.

When I try to run the beta through its own .exe, i get the Direct3D9 error.

delete your beta folder and reinstall. You should only have to have the -beta tag in your shortcut for it to work. Make sure it is the same version number as well, the server will not let you in with anything but the latest.

If you got probs with parameters try using this launcher...

http://arma2.paro-technology.com/?page_id=7

Let me know if it works with steam arma :)

Well this loaded the beta properly for me now, its displaying the correct version, and I can join the beta server.

However, soon as I get to the lobby, im instantly removed back to the server browser for no apparent reason.

-"You can not play/edit this mission. It is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted"

-Now i believe dayz isnt loading properly.

jordNZ you must be right, my version still says 1.60.8xxxx and not 1.60.9xxxx. Back to the drawing board.

For Steam

Step 1: Get dayz working like it should

Step 2: Download the 92612 patch

Step 3: Install

Step 4: Go to \steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

Step 5: Edit the _runA2CO_beta.cmd file

Step 6: Find line 47, remove "-window", add "-mod=@dayz"

Step 7: Save as dayz.cmd or whatever you like. Remember to save as all file types and not txt file.

Step 8: Run that file.

Worked for me.

To answer a question few rounds back:

The beta won't affect your retail installation. It installs in a subdirectory, and doesn't overwrite the main files. You can at any time return to retail just by running the normal A2OA exe.

Can't help with Steam, no such thing with me :)

Also, whenever a new beta comes out, and you want to try it, delete the Beta folder inside Expansion, and install the new beta

I run Steam. The beta installs in the right place.

Now you need to launch CO with both dayz and the beta.

Here's how i do it:

--find the "_runA2CO_beta", copy it; past it in another place; Edit the copy and delete everything.

Now you have an empty bat.file.

--Open Edit on the empty batch file and paste:

@echo off

echo Starting: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

echo From: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

echo With params: -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Yourname" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

cd /D "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Yourname" "-mod=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

--Type your profile name where i got 'Yourname', two places.

--Save and launch the game.

^^

This works, however it still isn't being launched as a steam game. As in it isn't showing me as in game on steam, and I cant use any of the steam features, such as screenshots and the overlay.

^^

This works' date=' however it still isn't being launched as a steam game. As in it isn't showing me as in game on steam, and I cant use any of the steam features, such as screenshots and the overlay.

[/quote']

I have an idea on how to get it working through Steam (not at home, so can't try it right now). Try launching the game through the shortcut that the beta creates in your main directory just to make sure you beta is installed properly and that the right version is coming up. If so, continue:

Add the target .exe in that shortcut (something like arma2oa.exe in the beta folder) into Steam by adding a 'Non-Steam game' and then use the launch parameters within Steam to setup the mod. You can also add an icon to Steam, which I'll be doing, to make it look tidy and rename it DayZ in your Steam list. The target .exe should already work fine for the beta, as it is part of the shortcut that the beta creates. The mod should be easy to get working; after the target line just try '-mod=@dayz' like you do in the launch options at the moment and it should work fine (fingers crossed).

Now you should be able to launch through Steam without issue using your new 'DayZ' game that you just created in the Steam games list. As I said, I'm not at home, so haven't tried this, but it should work fine. Also, remove the launch options from ArmA 2 OA in Steam if this method works and just continue launching DayZ this way whilst being able to launch normal ArmA 2 OA/CO and the non-beta version via the normal Steam game.

how do i install this patch? i ran the .exe and it says it successfully patched the game, but i still can't get on the beta servers. i am running the steam version of armaman, if that is relevant.

Deeds; Use spirited machine's Arma 2 Launcher.

I played yesterday in a server running the latest patch, and it required the players to have it as well and the DC worked for a while but after an hour or so the DC stopped working, for everyone. Perhaps a server issue, or is the beta build perhaps not working... idk.

The server was FI1.

Edit. Yep, the patch is not 100%. This was just the first attempt;

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30991

Updated by Dwarden 1 day ago

Status changed from Assigned to In progress

% Done changed from 0 to 70

Comment

first attempt to fix in build 1.60.92612

Does any vet arma players know the usual wait time on a release of a new patch? I'm still holding off until the final patch.

The beta patch download page keeps asking for a username & pass.

wat do

Ah, so this thread is the reason why the server is overloaded and I can't download the beta patch...

Straight from the horses mouth:

[92754] Fixed: scaling icons with grenade cursor

[92706] TBB 4.0 update 4, (tbb40_20120408oss, http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=185)

[92705] Fixed: Possible crash when in out of VRAM conditions because of a race condition.

[92679] Fixed: A Javelin missile often did not lock a target when playing with a Veteran or harder difficulty (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28865)

+ crash fixes

not fixed: Direct Channel issue

Last edited by Dwarden; May 14 2012 at 15:26.