Sign in to follow this  
MrBloodworth

Throwing cans.

This seems ineffective, or broken. Its certainly unreliable.

How is it supposed to be done, or who has been able to use it and how?

You can throw empty soda cans at hospital windows to break them. Just learn to throw them its not that hard.

oh I have to agree with the OP.

I can throw them just fine.. the whiskey bottles are fun even, but I don't see the zombies going aggro on them. they just continue to saunter around them.

I had expected them to freak out as they do around smoke

I've had zombies 10-15m away aggro on cans I've thrown in an open field. Slowly, it's a lumbering, not a sprint, but the end result is often a massive 10-something zombie cluster on the location I threw the can to, usually containing more zombies than I even knew were nearby.

Cans are practically smoke grenades now. If you're having trouble getting them to work, that's on your end; they work fine for me.

I have never seen that happen. No zombies react to them at all. I have thrown them close, far, nothing seems to work. Its unreliable at best if you can get it to work.

So why don't you let us plebs know the secret?

Also, when you throw something while prone, you make a toss animation, then stand up, and then throw the item.

Make sure you don't have your pistol out, it makes you behave like a dink, making you go crouched, or stand to throw them. Keep your main rifle up and you can throw while prone. When I throw cans, I have better reactions if I hit something solid, plus the angle of the throw helps. If it skitters along in the grass maybe one sees it. If it arcs up and then lands like a bomb everything for a few hundred feet comes to see what the ruckus is.

Try this at night: Throw a flare and some chemlights around it into a field nearby, then lob a couple of cans there. Now you've got a sound lure with a light trap. Zombies don't keep track of which light they've seen, so they keep circling around all the lights until they go out. Chemlights last for like an hour too.

i never really used this tatic but i was stuck in a building with 2 exits, threw a bottle one side and ran out the other, when i looked back from a distance they were all around the area where i threw the bottle.