tinu1212

THE HUEY - Formation Flight / Low Level / Combat

Here it is my second DayZ helicopter montage featuring one of my all-time favorite helicopters: the huey!

It features formation flying with 3 hueys, low level flying and in-flight combat with other helos or ground vehicles.

This is a rather short montage compared to

and I've tried to improve the sound by scrapping the original DayZ huey sounds and replacing them with some more realistic ones.

I hope you guys enjoy it and I'd love to see some feedback on this!

Tinu

Edited by tinu1212
  • Like 5

Thanks mate. We all have quite a (video-game) flying-history ;)

Impressive.

I've really gotta invest in a joystick soon. Flying with a keyboard and mouse gets more on my nerves after seeing videos like this.

I fly with a mouse and keyboard, I can't stand joysticks (at least for helicopter controls) - I just can't get the same accuracy out of them as with a mouse.

But you have to change the standard Arma II aircraft controls for the mouse. I use mouse up/down for nose up/down and mouse left/right for banking left/right.

Edited by tinu1212

The MGs sounds different? Oh and nice montage.

Yes, I replaced all the sounds. It's a recording from an actual M240 tweaked and pitched a little bit.

But thanks ;)

In-game addon or did you edit the video to replace the sounds?

Editing - I was in skype with my buddies when I was recording thus I couldn't use the sound on my footage without having them talking in it. So I decided to replace all of the sounds with some more realistic or 'epic' ones... :D

And indeed it was more epic! Hate the standard weapon sounds

Edited by Mad mega

what server is this? BMRF? Sounds like JSRS Sound mod to me!

Me personally I just find the huey sounds a bit dull, and if you've heard one before in real life - they sound amazing, that thumping sound... So I tried to improve on that ;)

what server is this? BMRF? Sounds like JSRS Sound mod to me!

Mainly two private hives we used to visit - but they run standard DayZ 1.7.6.1 no mods nothing. They had higher vehicle spawns though (like 200+ vehicles or something), just to make things more fun...

JSRS is the real deal isnt it?

To be frankly, haven't heared of it before. Might try it out some time - ACE has some nice sounds in it too.

how to scare the shit out of the people online,

Take 3 Huey and fly over them. shot them and put the Ride of the valkerie song in global chat.

Edited by The average pegasus

how to scare the shit out of the people online,

Take 3 Huey and fly over them. shot them and put the Ride of the valkerie song in global chat.

Been there, done that... :D

Hovering really close to a boat really freaks out people too - but they can't attack you - so they get really scarred... I think I still have footage of me flying close to a dude in a boat going "DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT" over direct com. Was funny as hell - and no, we didn't do it ;)

Edited by tinu1212
  • Like 1

Glad you had senators son as a song. I need to find a heli, There is so much to this game i havnt got to do yet.

To be frankly, haven't heared of it before. Might try it out some time - ACE has some nice sounds in it too.

ACE have some nice sounds indeed, JSRS have even better sounds.

I checked it out, really amazing. Those gun sounds and everything. I really hope Rocket works on that stuff in some later SA releases - it just sells the experience so much better!

• Like 1

Fortunate Son fits so good in this one, good job.

Thanks, exactly what I was going for! ;)

BMRF has support for it on their DayZ servers.

Also ACE and STmovement and some custom buildings in addition to the new official buildings in cherno.

Also, BMRF DayZ #2 is the best DayZ server i had the pleasure to play on so far.

Its Bloody Expert + Extreme Hardcore + Zero Bullsh*t +++++ Stick your head in so i get something to shoot at :>

• Like 1