Sign in to follow this  
=CHRTB=Zilch

How Hypocritical Heroes are Worse than Bandits

I love being a bandit. I love killing everyone I see. That's why I play this game.

But the best kind of bandit. Is the one who hides in a hero skin and still kills everyone.

You're mad at him for being a hero and killing you. I just think he's a really good bandit who knows how to camo himself. Why wear ghillie when you can wear hero.

And no I'm not mad that he was a hero that killed me I'm a bandit, that's normal. He just kept contradicting himself and saying he was a hero.

And no I'm not mad that he was a hero that killed me I'm a bandit, that's normal. He just kept contradicting himself and saying he was a hero.

Ohh okay x3 I must have misjudged the moral of the post :P

Which is why I hope they get rid of it or at least fix it in standalone. It did seem like they would do something 'skill based' or at least they were 'thinking about it' in one of the interviews.

Personally I hope they get rid of 'exclusive looks' such as the Hero and Bandit skin because I don't want to shoot every bandit I see because of my paranoid self saying "Bandits = Bad. Hero = Good". Most of the time that is the case as 80% of the bandits i come across do shoot at me even after i say "Friendly" .

If anything i just hope they add Tranqualizers in the Standalone. That way actual hero's can just use tranqualizers on bandits, strip them of their gear, and then leave them alive. Kinda 'punishing them for stripping others of their gear' in a way.

if you have been watching dev blog you have seen the clothes system ? i dont think theyl be any visual differences between players who play with different play styles.

It feels like you're describing me here. :P

Was the name General Direction, Phoenix, or something else?

Sounds very familiar. Hiding in a church when I start getting shot at, some survivor books his ass inside with his lee enfield (who even picks up a lee enfield for any reason other than to kill people?)and because he ran straight at me, and i was just getting shot at, I killed his ass.

I ended up killing his friend camping right outside the church and side chat rage ensued

Edited by Permaphrost

Who even picks up a lee enfield for any reason other than to kill people.

• Intimidation
  • Self-Defense
  • Having it just because its an easy weapon to find
  • Defending other people from bandits.

Sure those involve 'killing people' but not 'out-right killing' as in "I'm doing this just to kill".

It seems like whenever i find a hero they try and rob me.. Its actually pretty fun though. It adds a roleplay aspect to the game unlike when they murder you on sight :D

It feels like you're describing me here. :P

Was the name General Direction, Phoenix, or something else?

Sounds very familiar. Hiding in a church when I start getting shot at, some survivor books his ass inside with his lee enfield (who even picks up a lee enfield for any reason other than to kill people?)and because he ran straight at me, and i was just getting shot at, I killed his ass.

I ended up killing his friend camping right outside the church and side chat rage ensued

No man you weren't the one. This guy was apparently helping his "friend" and going between Elektro, Cherno, and Berezino "helping" people.

That guy doesnt sound like much of a hero. But there is bad heroes and there is good bandits. I've actually saved a few bandits in my time but mostly it is the survivors who kill me. This one unarmed bandit came up to the cafe I was in right after I shot another bandit who was in fact killing ANOTHER bandit. The unarmed bandit was basically being eaten alive by the zombies. I had a pistol so I could have finished him off but Instead I ran off to the electro hospital and raced back and fixed him up. It didnt matter at all though since we both got butchered by a G-36C survivor with a coyote patrol pack.

My point is that heroes are generally friendly and bandits are generally dangerous. Not ALL heroes are friendly and not ALL bandits are KoS, but that is basically the point of the humanity system(which is flawed, why would a good person dress differently and why would a bandit be forced to wear a turban?).

Edited by Waldo The Doctor

Death as a hero is a tragedy; death as a bandit is a setback.

Simply this.

"I've seen horrors … horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that … but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face … and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies."