Sign in to follow this  
Tumoa

black screen when unconscious

i'm sure this is already suggested before but i didn't find the thread for it.

so simply why i still see what is going on when i'm unconscious? it doesn't make any sense i think standalone will fix this but still come on i don't need to see anything when i'm unconscious because when person is unconscious they eyes are closed.

• Like 1

May be it's because you're not passing out but only have a huge concussion with hearing loss and strong weakness. Don't know if black screen is good idea or not, but it'll be more logical of course.

There's a reason for it being called unconsciousness, so yeah, this would make sense. The bigger question is, should the hourglass icon remain in the game to signify, that you have indeed fallen unconscious?

I'm generally against having any type of hud, but unless the black screen+removal of sound mechanic is entirely unique to being unconscious I think the players are going to need some sort of indication as to what state they're in, just so that people don't think that their computers have suddenly crashed.

If you do not think of your avatar as yourself, but rather as the avatars' "guardian angel" or "guiding hand," then you could be spared complete darkness in favour of fuzziness and muted sound.

You need to have some vision, (blurry and all,) otherwise in most situations you will be missing out on your character's death, (black screen followed by death screen: no urgency of death, just frustration.)

You need to have some vision, (blurry and all,) otherwise in most situations you will be missing out on your character's death, (black screen followed by death screen: no urgency of death, just frustration.)

Last time I checked, DayZ that wasn't a game that concerned itself about being frustrating.

Hearing also needs to be completely gone. So if you get knocked out for a while, you can be surprised to find a bunch of guys dragging your body around :D

"dream" sequence gives mixed feelings it would be cool and the deafness during unconsciousness should be too implanted glimpses hearing should be cool too you hear something but can't really make it out and some times you see something but its too blurry to see it properly.

would be cool if you were knocked out by zombies and a minuet later you see a hero bandaging you.