madvoid

2 days of tweaking and still no full play

It's been 2 1/2 days since i downloaded combined operations from steam. It has been nothing but redownloading and reading forum after forum of other installation errors. I've downloaded Arma 2 and OA twice. I've downloaded dayz files 3 times. updated the updater countless times. Finally, i got all the way to the server lobby and have even got the game working. Except for some last minutes errors. I get the "you cannot play... because of deleted files, dayz_code, dayz_equip, dayz_weapons, and dayz_vehicles. Please, i'm so close to playing that i can taste it. Also, sometimes I just get a black screen when entering a server (i can hear myself walking, crawling, exc. but no visual).:huh:

Check minimal requirements, make sure you have what you need. This includes a video card, motherboard based video won't work. Now Uninstall everything through steam, manually go through and clean out the folders, delete them, start over from scratch.

DO THIS:

1. Download ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead from steam, both of them.

2. Play both of them once to initialize the install, make sure you get all the way to the main menu then quit out. (If either doesn't run, go to your library, right click on properties for the one that doesn't work and verify the files, if something didn't download right it will re-download and fix it. then try running again)

3. Go grab the ARMA 2 beta patch, unzip and run it.

4. SKIP six updater, it doesn't work for some people. Go to the mirror and manually download the files, that's all the .RAR files.

5. Unzip all those files to the same directory, you should end up with 14 files, no folders.

6. Go to your program files, in your steam folder, in steamapps, in common, find your ARMA2 operation arrowhead folder and open it. Inside make a new folder named: @DayZ and inside that folder make another new one called Addons. You need to end up with a path that looks like this :

...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

7. Cut and paste those 14 files into the addon folder you just made.

8. Now go back to your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder and find a file named: _runA2CO_beta.cmd right click and edit it.

9. Go almost all the way down the document to the part after it says ':run' then make sure it looks like this:

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash

Do not mess with ENDLOCAL or anything after it. Now close and save it. Right click and drag the file you just edited to your desktop and make a shortcut to it. That will be your launcher from now on. Just use it when you want to play.

Check minimal requirements' date=' make sure you have what you need. This includes a video card, motherboard based video won't work. Now Uninstall everything through steam, manually go through and clean out the folders, delete them, start over from scratch.

DO THIS:

1. Download ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead from steam, both of them.

2. Play both of them once to initialize the install, make sure you get all the way to the main menu then quit out. (If either doesn't run, go to your library, right click on properties for the one that doesn't work and verify the files, if something didn't download right it will re-download and fix it. then try running again)

3. Go grab the ARMA 2 beta patch, unzip and run it.

4. SKIP six updater, it doesn't work for some people. Go to the mirror and manually download the files, that's all the .RAR files.

5. Unzip all those files to the same directory, you should end up with 14 files, no folders.

6. Go to your program files, in your steam folder, in steamapps, in common, find your ARMA2 operation arrowhead folder and open it. Inside make a new folder named: @DayZ and inside that folder make another new one called Addons. You need to end up with a path that looks like this :

...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

7. Cut and paste those 14 files into the addon folder you just made.

8. Now go back to your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder and find a file named: _runA2CO_beta.cmd right click and edit it.

9. Go almost all the way down the document to the part after it says ':run' then make sure it looks like this:

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash

Do not mess with ENDLOCAL or anything after it. Now close and save it. Right click and drag the file you just edited to your desktop and make a shortcut to it. That will be your launcher from now on. Just use it when you want to play.

[/quote']

After trying alot of things, i just unistall A2 and A2 OA. This really works?

After trying alot of things' date=' i just unistall A2 and A2 OA. This really works?

[/quote']

I've gotten 5+ people into the mod, this is how I told all of them to do it, and it's worked for all of them. This is how I run it.