Sign in to follow this  
Craux

Whats the fun in this?

So i've been server hopping for about at least an hour and I have yet to find a day/night server.

I just don't understand how do you people have fun in daylight only servers? Theres no fear in the daytime...

Nothing scary in the daytime...

Its just plain stupid.

• Like 2

there's nothing scary in this game.. other than other players. zombies are just a mild annoyance at the worst of times

Private Hive or Public Hive?

Hop on over to DE 4265 ... it should be running night now. I run it at GMT-6. Still waiting for the Private Hive to be sorted out ... having a few issues with Day/Night ... but it will also be running GMT-6.

Private Hive or Public Hive?

Hop on over to DE 4265 ... it should be running night now. I run it at GMT-6. Still waiting for the Private Hive to be sorted out ... having a few issues with Day/Night ... but it will also be running GMT-6.

Unsure what that is hontestly, im brand new. And to the other poster there is no way you can't denie night giving way more tension to the game. I just wanna stalk bandits in the woods.

I can't play on a daytime only server. The night offers a whole new dynamic to the game.

I found shortened day/night cycles work well.

• Like 2

So i've been server hopping for about at least an hour and I have yet to find a day/night server.

I just don't understand how do you people have fun in daylight only servers? Theres no fear in the daytime...

Nothing scary in the daytime...

Its just plain stupid.

Awesome first post >.>

You are telling us that if you log in a night server you stick to being blind and throwing flares? Not log on a different public hive server where there is day / full moon at the moment?

As far as I know, playing at night servers without NVG during total night conditions is plain useless, you can just as well turn off your monitor. That's how you are having fun? Pretty hardcore man ;)

• Like 1

Id play in the DE servers if it wasn't for a ping issue. Any US servers running day/night? Its what ive mostly been looking through however.

Awesome first post >.>

You are telling us that if you log in a night server you stick to being blind and throwing flares? Not log on a different public hive server where there is day / full moon at the moment?

As far as I know, playing at night servers without NVG during total night conditions is plain useless, you can just as well turn off your monitor. That's how you are having fun? Pretty hardcore man ;)

Har.

Not afraid of the night like some peeps. What im afraid of are zombies no clipping in my face.

Edited by Craux
  • Like 2

Beans for bravery :P I am afraid of day more, those .50 cal snipers are harmless at night. Also, I have only once died at NWAF, while as a fresh spawn I have been rap*d with sniper rounds countless times. So night = less sniping.

Also, I had an awesome hatchet fight at NWAF with a random guy in total darkness. We just kept swinging blind and laughing hysterically via proximity voice. In the end we decided to call it a day and logged, neither of us harmed.

So night is good. Just can't see shit, at all, like literally ZERO, whole non-sky area is totally black for me.

Beans for bravery :P I am afraid of day more, those .50 cal snipers are harmless at night. Also, I have only once died at NWAF, while as a fresh spawn I have been rap*d with sniper rounds countless times. So night = less sniping.

Also, I had an awesome hatchet fight at NWAF with a random guy in total darkness. We just kept swinging blind and laughing hysterically via proximity voice. In the end we decided to call it a day and logged, neither of us harmed.

So night is good. Just can't see shit, at all, like literally ZERO, whole non-sky area is totally black for me.

Here me out mate just for shits and giggles.

You come across a group of players with only flashlights and they are heading into the woods and you trail them. Stalk them, being very sneaky. Its too

dark and they can't see you even if they tried (Unless they had thermal then id be screwed). All you hear is some distorted voice in the woods going "I...can...seee....youuu." I am dedicated to be the slenderman of Day Z (I know slenderman doesn't talk.)

You know that would be funny as heck, even if they are vocal in the voice chat.

Edited by Craux

There would need to be more options to make nighttime viable. The majority of players with NVG´s are Bandits who just killed people untill they got some (and therefor a skilled shooters, since theyre still alive), or they found some in duped/scripted tents. Meaning the people with the only low light vision equipment are most likely going to blow your brain out. Using Flares to see is worthless, and a 90% death sentence unless the server is virtually empty, and chemlights light up a tiny area. The flashlight is much more usefull, but switching from that to a Enfield or CZ550 rifle takes so long that the target you found with the light already hid. The workaround for this is having either a Remington 870, a M4A3 or a Glock. They arent super rare, but theyre rare enough that there is a much higher chance of you getting murdered. The FN FAL AN/PVS-4 NV Scopes rifle is also a workaround, but that confines you to nighttime raids only. So because of all these having disadvantages, many people will just adjust their graphical settings to see during the night. And if you do that whats the point. Giving us the option to carry the flashlight in one hand, while holding a sidearm in the other, and a loss of accuracy would be a big improovement. In either case this has gone of course.

Look at the servers name, it will often include a timestamp, of which timezone the server runs after. Use that to find nighttime servers.

• Like 1

My first period of playing DayZ, it was really dark every time I played as all the servers near me were synced to local time and I was playing in the evening. There was nothing like it, risking throwing a flare and revealing your position to get around and loot, then jumping and hiding in bushes, watching other peoples flares light up the distance. But now the servers seem to be mostly empty at night or set to bright nights which is a shame.

Edited by jk_scowling

If you can't find a server you like then do what i did :) rent your own and set your own rules.

That will give you the option to have an always night, always day or day/night cycle

this is just plain bullshit lies....the problem u have is that u suck at playing the game, learn to play nighttime...then enjoy

Edited by svisketyggeren

All night time is, is an inconvenience for those without NOD's. No one is scared of Zombies in this game, even at night. All the sun going down means is we have to boost our gamma so we can see half a damn and hope there isnt an asshole in the bushes with a DMR and a set of NVG's

• Like 2

this is just plain bullshit lies....the problem u have is that u suck at playing the game, learn to play nighttime...then enjoy

I can feel already how telling other people they suck makes you feel better. My sympathies for your family Sir :)

Nevermind, I checked your other posts, you are remarkably consistent in being a muscle-flexing asshole troll. Keep up the good work :D

Edited by HalRamersby

I don't really like the night, I can't see anything. But that does make it more real. And I do enjoy having the piss scared out of me every corner x3

Awesome first post >.>

What are you, a dumbass? Use flares, flashlights, the such. I find it plenty of fun. Only those who care only about PvP would have a real reason to complain about it.

Awesome first post >.>

There are flares, chemlights, flashlights, flashlights on weapons....

man.. learn to play dayz.....

• Like 1

I can feel already how telling other people they suck makes you feel better. My sympathies for your family Sir :)

Nevermind, I checked your other posts, you are remarkably consistent in being a muscle-flexing asshole troll. Keep up the good work :D

Some ppl suck at the game...its pretty obvious that the poster I replied to couldnt handle nighttime...so he sucks at nighttime and I told im rightfully so. Im not really sure if u agree or dont with this since ur post is a small pile of redundant nonrelevant information about me, muscleflexing and my family.

All in all, yes I have muscles and yes im trolling sometimes...my family..uh dont see the connection there....anyhow I really cant extract any relevant information in ur post in regards to my post...so im left with..have a nice da

edit: ooooh I just saw it now...ur the poster I replied to...yea, like said above..ur a dumbass

in fact read this again and agin until u understand:

There are flares, chemlights, flashlights, flashlights on weapons....

man.. learn to play dayz.....

Edited by svisketyggeren

In my opinion DayZ is not complete without the full day/night cycle and all the benefits/handicaps either or both provide. On Namalsk for instance, nighfall means - and brings a number of challenges/advantages. Nightfall brings a crippling chill until you've found Warm Clothes. But the night also makes dealing with Bloodsuckers easier as their eyes glow molten red. I tend to never adjust my brightness or gamma to alter the in game environment. I carry both a G17 w/flashlight and the red beam military flashlight, and I stick to higher ridges and hilltops for better visibility on the darkest of nights. Remember that turning on your flashlight is like firing off a high caliber rifle; flick the beam on for a moment to get your bearings, the turn it off and change position immediately.

• Like 2

So, basically, people don't play at night because they are too scared. It's funny how they don't realize that no matter what excuse they come up with to try and justify it, it all comes down to fear.

PS. NY 2873, but you'll have to get used to playing with only 4-5 other players at night because of the pussy factor.

Edited by JubeiDOK