Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Always killed when sneaking to NWAF

No matter what time of a day or night, no matter how much I scout and sneak in, I am always getting killed from "somewhere" when trying to sneak in to one of North West Airfield barracks.

Is this normal or am I getting owned by players with some kind of wallhacks?

Bear in mind that NWAF is a hot killzone. A lot of people camp on any elevated ground surrounding it and just constantly scout, and then snipe. You could be dealing with hackers though; it's always possible. Join whitelisted servers to reduce the chances of playing alongside haxx0rz.

• Like 1

No matter what time of a day or night, no matter how much I scout and sneak in, I am always getting killed from "somewhere" whe trying to sneak ihn to one of North West Airfield barracks.

Is this normal or am I getting owned by players with some kind of wallhacks?

1 approach NWAF from N corner: basically come from Bashnya (trees). If you approach from open fields it is suicide

2. from N corner stay between the wall and the forest (so outside) until you are close to the 12 loot spots house

3. Enter the airport and go directly to the house, you'll be shielded from three sides and with patience you can avoid to aggro zombies

4. once there: loot-and-scoot. Loot that place only and leave from the same route

5. DO NOT loot the hangars. Try the fire-station but carefully

_Anubis_
Edited by _Anubis_

Stop sneaking like a noob, run from lot place to another one, take cover when checking (in hangars) and run, run. You are easy target for snipers if you are slow. Approach airfield from only place where no zombies, from west and you will see - if zombies on AF - players here. And when you are from West, you can check here places where snipers mostly. But most important - donnot stop!

Might sound crazy, but I always drive car close to the south barracks, park it in a small patch of trees no more than 100m away. Then I just get out and crouch walk almost the whole way to the barracks.

For the north barracks, I drive up and run over all the zombies in the area or I get out and shoot all of them if I have a silenced gun.

The only time I was killed was when I got chased out of the place by like 4 zombies when I TRIED sneaking in, all I had was a DMR, I ran outside the gates and into the woods, but I followed the wall, then 3 bandits all of the sudden ran through a evergreen and the one just shot me up....I eventually got revenge but thats a story for another day.

Also, don't forget that there are still thermal scopes floating around out there. They're few and far inbetween these days, but you never know.

I've found that in places where you're almost guaranteed to come across hostiles (Cherno, Elektro, Stary, NWAF), moving quickly is generally safer than taking your time. The longer you're in an area like that, the more likely you are to be spotted.

You still need to take a certain amount of care (sticking to walls, watching treelines, moving from cover to cover), so don't just charge straight down the middle of the airstrip, but where possible, get in and out as quickly as possible.

@ _Anubis_ and @ mzltv

What made me think about wallhacks were exactly opposite events from what you guys say, that were very fishy to me:

1. I wasyn't killed even once by sniper from elevated hill, it were always from 80-150 meters with machine gun.

2. Wasyn't killed even once when running thought open field.

3. Was killed many times when slowly and carefully sneaking throught forrest zones.

4. Wasyn't killed once when going to hangars.

5. Was killed every time when trying to get to fire station or near bigger buildings.

It literally felt like those players there don't even bother with camping on hills with sniper rifles but run head on to me with machine guns like in Call of Duty while they know my position on radar or something.

That was what even pushed me to make this topic.

In response to your above post, Frosti, I've actually been shot at more times in the forests around the NWAF than I have the airfield itself. It seems that bandits/pvpers who don't have long-range weaponry use that location as an alternative.

• Like 1

Also, don't forget that there are still thermal scopes floating around out there. They're few and far inbetween these days, but you never know.

They did a database wipe when they removed thermals, I'm pretty sure. No one should have one.

I don't think you should be all helping him like this in public, rather PM him as a lot of bandits can see this, every bandit can see this ..

Only time I've been killed on NWAF was in the northern woods by someone with an assault rifle. That might be because I usually do my run on a low populated server (10-15 players). I'd get slaughtered on a full server :D

1 approach NWAF from N corner: basically come from Bashnya (trees). If you approach from open fields it is suicide

2. from N corner stay between the wall and the forest (so outside) until you are close to the 12 loot spots house

3. Enter the airport and go directly to the house, you'll be shielded from three sides and with patience you can avoid to aggro zombies

4. once there: loot-and-scoot. Loot that place only and leave from the same route

5. DO NOT loot the hangars. Try the fire-station but carefully

_Anubis_[

Agree... Except in this patch the hangers have been spawning great loot.......
Edited by Gooober

I don't think you should be all helping him like this in public, rather PM him as a lot of bandits can see this, every bandit can see this ..

There's nothing in here that any halfway competent bandit wouldn't know anyway, to be honest.

Ok, so I see it is pretty normal to be killed in the forest around NWAF.

Well, there is this strange phenomena, when I was going throught the north forest I often was killed there and never even made it to airfield. But when I started to run thought the open fields I made it in all safe every single time so far. Until I tried to get near barracks or fire station that is.

Ok, so I see it is pretty normal to be killed in the forest around NWAF.

Well, there is this strange phenomena, when I was going throught the north forest I often was killed there and never even made it to airfield. But when I started to run thought the open fields I made it in all safe every single time so far. Until I tried to get near barracks or fire station that is.

Im not the best on a mouse and keyboard as Im a console player, this is the only game I can sort of play on mouse and keys, But what really pees me off is Im carefull like you, Im sat in a very bushy pine tree with my back to the stump, All my angles and front covered, then I get shot in the back as if they can see through trees and the tree stump. Are people dissabling trees and grass or something, theres no way in this world I could be seen. In camo clothing aswel

• Like 1

What are you on about? Unless we start talking about exact locations and times he'll be there, there's no reason to go all cloak and dagger...

They did a database wipe when they removed thermals, I'm pretty sure. No one should have one.

Oh really? I could have sworn they just took it and it's ammo type off the database spawn list, and that the ones existing in game would still be legit.

I will sit back down anyway :(

Im not the best on a mouse and keyboard as Im a console player, this is the only game I can sort of play on mouse and keys, But what really pees me off is Im carefull like you, Im sat in a very bushy pine tree with my back to the stump, All my angles and front covered, then I get shot in the back as if they can see through trees and the tree stump. Are people dissabling trees and grass or something, theres no way in this world I could be seen. In camo clothing aswel

Exactly my thought.

I was adding 2 to 2 and I concluded that:

a) some players are wallhacking and kill players in forest cause they want extra cover for themselves while they can see other players clearly via hack

b ) some players can disable trees/grass and kill players in forest cause they want extra cover for themselves while they can see other players clearly via disabled trees/grass.

c) as @Target Practice suggested they may prefer to use assault rifles or do not have sniper rifles and thus preffer to kill payers in forest

I am more lined towards thinking that there is some exploit/hack running around that removes trees tho.

Edited by Frosti

Maybe you should just run instead of sneaking, or scan the area first. Its a hotspot bro. Probably THE hotspot, so you're gonna need a plan.

I did some research and I have found out that it indeed is very easy to manually remove trees/grass even buildings and play DayZ from those topics:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68533-disable-the-abillity-to-remove-plants-from-arma-2-cheating/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/58449-need-of-codes-for-file-check-plantspbo/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/61966-looking-for-the-fix-invisible-grasstrees/

In those topics it says it is also possible for private server admin to enforce check on *trees* , so players that try to exploit via turning off *trees* will be kicekd out. Some servers do it and some don't cause checking for files takes up logging in and loading times for few minutes sometimes.

Anyway, for test I removed "my trees" and logged on my favorite private whitelisted server. It doesn't kicked me out, and I could play with seeing every forest as a flat ground.

I'm gonna now inform server admin about this and I'll ask him to add file checking for trees & grass to the server.

• Like 1

do what i do, run in bat shit crazy, run out.

always works.

• Like 1

It is a balance of risk versus reward choice. The 12-spots house will most likely give you at least one weapon and some ammo, all in a small space shielded from outside (snipers and Z), with a quick-in/quick-out sequence.

A single hangar is a 4-spots place, it is fully open and visible (both to Z and snipers), especially the 2 loot points at the end. Z do not slow down in hangars, get 3-4 of them and they will converge on you from each side.

You can only enter an hangar from the runaway side. Agree you can move from behind and get some coverage, but it is risky.

Last but not least: you need to visit 3 hangars to have similar loot chances (3x4=12) compared to the single house. So you need more time and that is critical at least for a lone-wolf like me: I have no team providing Z protection and over-watch for counter-sniping.

BTW those are basic considerations IMHO ...No need to be secretive.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

i always found people there..or they came when i was hanging in the area. i usually go for the southern barracks and then go away..it's a lot safer, and i'm not military gear addicted, i prefere deerstands. patrolling the forests around is a dirty and dangerous job and it's not guarantee that someone won't choose his firing spot in a place you stated ''safe''. i think you have just been unlucky with legit players or scripters..

I tried too many times running in #YOLO style and going carefuly, thought forests and throught fields. From my observations, forest do not provide as much cover as it should or other players can see thought it or don't see the forest at all.

As stated in my previous post, I've informed admin, that server is not protected aganis turning off trees etc and I asked admin to enable checking for trees/grass etc files.

I'm expecting lots of players to get a "surprise" kick for missing tree/grass files.

I did some research and I have found out that it indeed is very easy to manually remove trees/grass even buildings and play DayZ from those topics:

http://dayzmod.com/f...rma-2-cheating/

http://dayzmod.com/f...heck-plantspbo/

http://dayzmod.com/f...ble-grasstrees/

In those topics it says it is also possible for private server admin to enforce check on *trees* , so players that try to exploit via turning off *trees* will be kicekd out. Some servers do it and some don't cause checking for files takes up logging in and loading times for few minutes sometimes.

Anyway, for test I removed "my trees" and logged on my favorite private whitelisted server. It doesn't kicked me out, and I could play with seeing every forest as a flat ground.

I'm gonna now inform server admin about this and I'll ask him to add file checking for trees & grass to the server.

from half a year ago

that stuff is long gone