Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Damn zeds, or how to lose like a noob. o_0

So i am cruising around NW field, got a tent on a server i have not been on in awhile with a bunch of guns and whatever. Logged in and grabbed a m4a1 cco camo a bunch of stanags and some morph, 20 players on server, should be some action up here.

As i am exiting my tent stashed behind the hangar in some bushes i glitch and break my leg and start bleeding out jammed against the rear of the hangar..great start. Bandage first then morph, as i am morphing a zed starts smashing me through the hangar..fuck. Crawl away a bit and apply morph again. Sweet. Hit up my tent and eat some food, grab another morph. I cruise around into the hangar and kill the zed that was pissing me off and so aggro a whole bunch, take out about five and just as i leave the entrance to head across to the southern barracks i spot a dude crouch walking coming from that direction. He is nearly on the runway and has stopped prone behind a bush, i know he has seen me and i duck in between hangar three and two, peek out at him.

He is lying down, gun up. Over direct i ask three times if he is friendly..no reply, i tell him then he has had his chance and i will now consider him a threat. I wait and peek every three or so seconds and notice he is slowly rolling towards the hangars. I look around the rest of the field, about 20 zeds i can see behind me spread out across the tarmac in front of the hangars and all the way to the the fire station. Then one of them obscures my vision as i turn back, i actually shit myself as i haven't in this game for a long time..i just did not expect the fucker to be there. I back away and take him down , then have to bandage again.

I expect that when i look around the corner again old mate would have made a sprint for better cover like the side of the hangar or inside but no, he is still there..wtf. I would have been up and running as soon as i heard the shot. I aim him up and shoot , short, a puff of dirt flicks in front of him, i aim up a frazz and shoot again and shots now start wizzing past me too, one hits me and instantly the *crichk* noise and i am down broken and bleeeding, i roll back to behind the side of the hangar but i am pushed out onto the runway,,great..three zeds are on me and blocking my return to cover. I start rolling in an effort to get around the zeds but no i am being pwnd from every angle and gunfire is zipping around me, i attempt to fix my break so i can try to hightail it but then i am mercilessly gunned down.

If i would have used my brains i should have moved after i shot the zed and flanked him from the other side or moved further down behind the hangars and waited for him, left him guessing where i was instead of popping out in the same spot where he no doubt had a constant bead.

Run run run.

• Like 4

If I were you I would've swapped your gun out for a melee weapon to kill zeds.

• Like 1

I could have done that too, i had an mp5 silenced in my backpack so i could have went that way as well for the first zed. I just did not want to be caught out changing weapons, and effing around dropping a gun, changing to hatchet may have caught me with my pants down. It was total noobery all round from me.

with the latest update i find myself crawling everywhere to avoid zeds

You could always use your trusty Flashlight shine it in their eyes and roll away works every time

Ubfortunately... full sunlight deprived my flashlight powers.

I never loot military bases when I just woke up on weekend :D never ever . I give my brain one hour start-up regime , so I can actualy think logicaly :P