Sign in to follow this  
leviski

Zombies in 1.7.6 are what really ruins immersion

So all these people claim stuff like cans, reloading fire axes (which has been fixed) and all sorts of other small things ruins their immersion. Well tell me something does a zombie aggroing you from 100-200 meters away when your crawling/crouch walking not ruin it?

I hate the fact that not a days in DayZ sneaking is a waste of time because the zombies just aggro you now. Literally its more efficient just to run blazing into places with zombies, and 90% of the time when you crouch run you dont get detected but walking/crawling is like zombie eye candy now. This really needs to be fixed because zombies should not have eagle eyes. they should be impaired and retarded since they are the undead.

-Discuss if this bothers anyone else-

This is not a "Dayz is too hard" its a DayZ needs its zombies fixed. zombies with better hearing and eyesight than me do not make the game harder, just frustrating that sneaking is a waste of time now.

IMO, this will only be truly fixed once the standalone arrives, since the amount of zombies will (hopefully) be increased, along with the general difficulty of DayZ itself. Then again, for the mod itself, I guess decreasing zombies' aggro tendencies and increasing the amount of how much of a pain they are once they are aggro'd would go a long way at making the DayZ mod a better experience.

• Like 3

I agree with you. I saw this on the dayz website - "These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight." It's hard to believe that something with impaired vision could see you laying in the grass, completely still, from around 50 meters away. (If you're wondering where the quote is from it's the first line from here)

• Like 1

its cuz they arent Zombies.. they are humans infected with a virus..

at no point are they dead or blind..

i see no problem at all with Z. aggro..

its cuz they arent Zombies.. they are humans infected with a virus..

at no point are they dead or blind..

i see no problem at all with Z. aggro..

they are zombies because rocket calls them zombies and he is the developer of dayz.... technically however, they are unarmed arma 2 soldiers that make grunting noises and are skinned to look like zombies, they will zig-zag your bullets and try and flank you, they also appear to be equipping an invisible weapon sometimes on spawning. to me they are just a tool for checking if a town is clear and safe from other players or not beyond that they just an annoying inconvenience. they are supposed to have bad eye sight and greater hearing.

Meh, just means you get more zed kills, and players do not get to run around aimlessly killing every person they see because they may have to actually deal with zeds more.

We don't know real life capabilities of zombies, so how do you know if it's overkill or not? Immersion not ruined.

We don't know real life capabilities of zombies, so how do you know if it's overkill or not? Immersion not ruined.

Immersion is ruined when you cant sneak through a town like you could 3-4 months ago. At this point the game encourages you to run around blatantly to loot instead of skillful sneaking.

If tou cant sneak past zombies in 1.7.6.1 you are seriously doing something wrong, if this was 1.7.5.1 i would agree they were aggroing from very far but in this current patch zombies are a joke and are blind and deaf, so either you are doing somethjing wrong or you are playing some other game.

simple answer is the engine used was the wrong one for dayz .

dayz standalone will confirm this.

zombies need to more aggressive..... They are a joke now.....

yep, theyve ruined it, they an absolute joke now. Countless times ive been killed coz the zombies push me out of trees etc etc. and been shot because its almost impossible to shake them off. Back on my xbox I reckon.

In the notes i read the Z's have the same range or sight/hearing as 1.7.5, but now there is a chance they spot you, rather than just a minimum safe distance. I think this is a better mechanic because it gives you the choice to take a risk to get the ph4t l3wt or you can try to go around, neither is completely safe. For example, you can sneak into the appartments near the hospital on the N side of cherno, but you will be surrounded by zeds, and you know that even tho you have worked your way through the ones near to you, the one that just came round the corner 100m away might bring it all crashing down.

It definitely still needs some tweaking, but seeing as the zeds run faster and can run through walls, there needs to be a mechanic that allows some tactics to evolve to defeat them or escape.

The best part about DayZ is the situational awareness it demands and rewards. you can have all the mk48's and as50's you want, but if you dont check your corners, you get splatted by a Zed or a bambi with an axe. I have found myself stashing decent guns on the outskits of towns just so i can use my axe to keep the noise down if i get cornered. This is really rewarding when you come out fully loaded and can then pick and choose from your old kit, but you have to bring mad axe skills to a gunfight if you want to survive.

I agree with you. I saw this on the dayz website - "These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight." It's hard to believe that something with impaired vision could see you laying in the grass, completely still, from around 50 meters away. (If you're wondering where the quote is from it's the first line from here)

I hate also that a zed 80m away will see you standing still crouched and will run to you.

I like to sneak. It's good practise.

I was crawling along with a crossbow (love the new quivers). I was in the town near the Balota airfield. I think the town is called Balota, too? Either way, I'm crawling along, broad daylight. But I'm in the grass. And zombies won't see me.

Or will they?

I see running movement. I think 'wtf, is that another player?'. But nope, a zombie. Next thought is 'another player aggro'd it?' But lolnope.

The zombie aggroed to me. Prone. In the grass. A hundred metres away.

MEANWHILE - ten metres away. A zombie is LOOKING AT ME. I crouch up, and start moving to get away from the bullshit zombie. This zombie DOESN'T EVEN SEE ME.

Yeah, they're pretty broken.