lethalpat

Game Freezes When Trying to Join a Server

This is the story, i downloaded both arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead off of steam and i ran both the games and got the necessary downloads. I then installed the dayz mod and ran it in combined operations and it would seem to work. But when i would press join to join a server the game would either freeze right there or on the server screen and i would have to open the task manager and close the game. I have tried reinstalling battleye and the games themselves multiple times and have had no success. Is there anything i can do to get the game working?

With 1.7.1, or 1.7.1.1 dayz, the beta is required. You can find it here : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

click the top one, that is the latest beta and is backwards compatible. All you have to do is extract it and run it. It will install automatically. Then go to your arma 2 folder, and locate "LaunchSrma2OABetaPatch.exe. Right click it, go to properties, and where it says target, add this to the end of the text. " -mod=@dayz"

including the space at the beginning but minus the quotation marks.

Ok i did what you said and installed the beta patch and put the extra words into target for the game but the same thing is still happening is there anything else i might have missed?

Nope, but these are directions for installing beta, as stickied at the top of these forums. So your issue isn't the beta patch I suppose. Other than that I don't know. Sorry, and good luck.