Sign in to follow this  
Noxman

Kicked for banditry

I was providing overwatch for a friend and was sitting outside elektro looking into the city, on the hill northeast of the powerplant. I was using an m14 aim (killed a guy that was running back from NW way out in the open, couldn't believe my luck finding an m14 aim, m16a3/m203 and a gps on him).

Not the best weapon for such long range (the shop and school were 400-500m). Anyway im thinking if I see anyone im going to shoot, I might get lucky or at least ill scare them and give my friend some covering fire and I need the long range practice anyway (new to banditry, almost never shot at anyone until recently and never at any great range).

Looking about with binoculars I spy a fellow called Iceman climbing onto the roof of the school. He stops to loot on the top and so I take aim and fire. The shot drops more than I expected and I fire several times trying to line it up. I seem to hit him, taking a look through my binoculars he is bleeding. I try to hit him again while he bandages with no success.

There is a slight raised platform that he starts proning behind, I make the mistake of shooting a couple more times and he manages to line me up (clearly experienced against bandits). It doesn't help that the server has mousewheel nametagging enabled. He seems to look directly at me even though im ghillie suited and halfway into a bush and says over side chat that i've shot at the wrong person and his friends are coming.

Thinking this is pretty cocky but feeling whimsical about the whole situation I start talking in chat about how I needed to practice my long range shots and wished I had a dmr instead, pretty bad without a scope. A few seconds later I am kicked from the server without warning.

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour? It seems odd to kick a bandit being candid about being a bandit (it may have been foolish of me to start chatting but its all a bit of fun, he didnt die and apparently his friends (oooh scary) are coming anyway).

Edit: Forgot to mention, the server was EU72

People cannot kick you for being a bandit.

Report it to the 'cheating' thread. Abusing admin privileges is against ToS for Day-Z servers.

Yeah bunged a report in the cheating thread, I don't want to like 'rat out' anyone but it is pretty bad conduct. No one should be protected, admin or not, and kicking for shooting at them is wrong.

Mostly im just disapointed. After he said his friends were coming I ran up the hill to get a better vantage on my previous position. Was pretty excited at the prospect of a real firefight, never been in one, and the stakes were high for me so it was really tense.

Previously getting shot out of nowhere with no idea of the enemy was a bit frustrating, the chance to actually fight was making things interesting.

I'm not sure if I was on at the time, I'm the owner of EU72 and there's only 4 people who have access to the admin "powers" we would never kick anyone for killing someone legit, our rule on killing is if the chat log says has been killed by (Friendly Fire), that normally means people are killing in the debug areas and even then we warn the player first and if they persist on killing people in the debug area we kick them, by the story you have given it seems you were not killing in the debug area and it may have just been a total mistake on our end as the admin controls were being really off yesterday and today.

For example I myself had the issue where I clicked on a player name to kick them and it would kick a totally random player if this was the case I'd like to say on behalf of the server admins we greatly apologies and hope it doesn't effect your play time on our server too greatly.

Hi there ParagonXVIII,

Thanks for the honest and information filled response :D

As was said in the complaints version of this thread, your lack of affiliation with anyone called Iceman is enough for me and I consider the matter dropped. A one in a million chance on the timing, simply a coincidence :)

See you soon (ill definitely be back to find Iceman),

Cheers,

Nox