Sign in to follow this  
zebra (DayZ)

Removal of Regular Difficulty.

Regular difficulty should not be allowed on servers. Regular difficulty allows you to see yourself on the map thus removing the need for compasses and GPS[1], as well as being able to see positions of other survivors on the map, which are automatically marked when they are nearby. I’m requesting that all servers be required to be Veteran or Expert. Veteran allows server admins to still enable crosshairs and 3RD person if they want to [2][3] without allowing names of other players from vast distances, visual of yourself and others on the map.

Why not just disable the map functions you mentioned? I didn't even know they existed. But it should be easier to disable those functions rather then dictate to server hosts what type of game to run.

But I do agree with you. Players showing on the map should be disabled. Hopefully Rocket may patch this into the game.

Same here. I'd love to see people actually be challenged for once.

And I'm not being elitist. I know full well that I'd initially die and die and die and die just like everyone else.

Personally I agree' date=' but a lot of people won't.

[/quote']

Well you cant make all people happy. Seriously, we have so many easy games on this planet. The next step of gaming would be watch your computer play it for you.

Why do people always complain Ah this is OP, that is to hard etc. just sad.

Why not just disable the map functions you mentioned?

I'm fairly certain they can't be enabled in Veteran; so forcing Veteran vs checking all Regular servers to see if they are following guidelines would be much easier.