Sign in to follow this  
embrace

Some Newbie Questions (Sorry!!)

Hi All,

Apologies for the Newbie Questions! Sorry if they have been answered elsewhere.

Ok, I will bulletpoint them to make it easier!

1. Do I have to register the Arma games (CD Key)? I have read about these getting stolen and such so Im not sure if I actualy need to do anything, or if it registers itself.

2. I use Play with 6, but How do i know which server to join? Is there ones I shoud look out for being a complete beginner?

Lastly, any tips :)

Thanks in advance!

I only clicked into this thread because I thought I read something about Gary Newman in the topic. I love Gary Newman.

Anyway..

1. There is no registration process to play ArmAII. You may find that to be whitelisted on various servers, you will have to provide your GUID but this is not your CD Key. Keep that confidential, no-one should ever be told that infomation.

2. There's a whole variety of servers you can choose from - some have custom starter kits, custom features and the like. Find one that is marked as a Whitelisted server, and follow the appropriate registration process. These servers require your GUID to let you play on them, but it's a good way to get involved in a friendly community, and play without interference from hackers.

Anything else, just ask!

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm being thick... What's a GUID?

And how do I find whitelisted servers?

hahah mate if you need a server to play on to learn the basics you want to go on either a low population server or a well protected one I.E whitelisted if you cant find a whitelisted one and dont want to go through getting whitelisted get on our server we protect new players and fresh spawns and eradicate bandits when we see them and if you feel like being trained in military tactics come in our teamspeak and il show you some tricks

Server is called US 220

teamspeak ip is :63.143.52.202:10013

and if you decide to join our little clan heres our website : http://21-b.enjin.com/

Sorry if I'm being thick... What's a GUID?

And how do I find whitelisted servers?

A whitelisted server is like a private owned server that you have to sign up for.

Brilliant! Thanks for the help guys! I'm sure there will be more questions coming up!

A whitelisted server is like a private owned server that you have to sign up for.

he/she asked where to find one not what one was =)

but macabreLlama is right

Download DayZCommander too, it will help you alot.

I have play with six... Is this different??

Played my very 1st minute on Dayz! Got shot straight away haha!

One thing I have noticed... Mine is really lagging?

I have play with six... Is this different??

Played my very 1st minute on Dayz! Got shot straight away haha!

One thing I have noticed... Mine is really lagging?

Feel free to check out our server, you just might last longer on the coast :P Plus some ppl like being able to find a (SCAR) Mk16 CQC at a fire station and work their way up to better assault rifles ^^

Feel free to check out our server, you just might last longer on the coast Plus some ppl like being able to find a (SCAR) Mk16 CQC at a fire station and work their way up to better assault rifles ^^

How do I do that :P

Hi all,

Just another question. I have been watching some YouTube videos to work out how to play and stuff (don't laugh!!) but their set up seems to be completely different to mine... I never get an option to be male or female. Also sometimes I go on a server an have like 3 guns and loads of equipment?

How do I start with nothing?

Thanks,

Elise