Grey Jackal

Brand new player looking for some heroes to work with

I kept seeing a lot of talk on Reddit and other sites about DayZ, and I finally gave in, saved up a little cash, and got ARMA 2 and DayZ. I was severely discouraged at first -- I started up a couple quick games of ARMA 2 and got obliterated long before I could see my enemy. I haven't played a realistic military sim since the first Operation Flashpoint (and I was a wee kid at the time), so it was a kick in the teeth. However, I downloaded DayZ, and after a long and lengthy trial-and-error to get it working, solving one error after another, I finally got into a server today!

I joined an empty server to start with, to get my bearings and get used to the engine (which feels pretty clunky, but I'm getting used to it!). Got my first hatchet, got a canteen, and am slowly getting used to fighting off Zeds -- which is pretty hard considering how melee seems to work like a short-range gun, and I have notoriously bad internet in the first place.

Anyway, I'm really interested in playing with a group; namely, do-good heroes. I love the idea of helping others who may be new to the game, and fending off bandit players as needed. Can anyone recommend a U.S. server that may be good for me to start on? I'm not against bandits or PvP (it's what makes playing a "good guy" interesting, after all), but I'd love to get my feet wet by not having to worry too much about this whole getting "sniped on the coast" thing. I also don't have any voice chat (as I said, bad internet, so I don't want to bother cluttering it with VOIP).

TL;DR New player looking for a U.S. server to help others on. Any suggestions?

Maybe just some fun shit to do on populated servers?

Basically this. I'm trying to get a few IRL friends into DayZ as well, but I'd like to find a good group to run with -- both to learn the ropes of the game, but also to actually have some fun. As I've found so far, it's pretty easy to survive Zeds once you have a basic weapon. Scavenging for supplies isn't scary at all on an unpopulated server. What I'd like to do is make a difference with other players, help them out and eventually show them the ropes.

That, and I haven't found a "home" in a server yet. Been hopping into several different servers, and so far just haven't found a "home" yet. I wasn't sure if there was a specific private hive that would have more "heroic" players to group with or not.

I have a friend how is running a small yet growing Private Hive, and I am working on getting another server I can send people too and use for my community, I'll play with you if you want.

..... but I'd like to find a good group to run with -- both to learn the ropes of the game, but also to actually have some fun.....

That, and I haven't found a "home" in a server yet. Been hopping into several different servers, and so far just haven't found a "home" yet. I wasn't sure if there was a specific private hive that would have more "heroic" players to group with or not.

I'm with ya... im still looking for "home" too, (although i do have some fav servers i like...) but I'd be willing to team up with you. I'd be willing to impart my little bit of knowledge to you and we can go from there. I like the hero/helper role generally also... friend me on steam if you are on it..."djmomo1" on steam :)

Edited by Pariah_

I'm a member of the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. We're a fairly large group of Heroes who run out into danger to save the sick and wounded. We also help any bambie in need get on their feet. We never shoot first and do our best to avoid killing whenever possible. We always welcome company, so you're free to tag along or even join if you like.

I'd rather not advertise our public server openly here, but if you go to the teamspeak channel "ts.dayzmedics.com" that's where we meet up and chat, so someone there will let you know. Our forum is http://tmwdayz.com/ . Also, since you're new, we have a training program called "Chenarus 101" that teaches new players about the cruel world of DayZ and how to thrive in it. If that sounds like something you'd like to do, feel free to submit a request form on our forum and we'll get you in the queue.

Hey guys, anyone looking for a apprentice to play day z with as i am a noob i learn fast and two heads are better than one, im in the u.k aged 28 an ex military, message me if interested :)

Hey guys, anyone looking for a apprentice to play day z with as i am a noob i learn fast and two heads are better than one, im in the u.k aged 28 an ex military, message me if interested :)

Feel free to check us out, we got a couple ex military guys ts3 = ts.sasklan.com:10007