Sign in to follow this  
AustinOblivion

Question i need answered please

Do i only need Arma II: CO? Or do i need all the other brittish map packs and stuff too? I wanna know so i dont spend $40

Sorry if this question is stupid ad has already been mentioned :/

you only need Arma 2:CO, the PMC and BAF expansions are optional.

Edited by GOD™

no.

download dayz commander.

then download your dayz mod using commander

and search for servers via that and you dont have to fuck around with files (cause trust me if i had to do that i probably would never have started the game).

and via day commander you can get alll your updates and all the different dayz maps.

Edited by DMC14

Dayz commander.

So buying through steam then run through commander?

Ive read lots of forums about start up issues, and i dont wanna ruin it by doing something wrong.

What everybody else said. However, PMC and BAF give you nice HD character skins.

Edited by FlamingDefibs

i didnt buy mine from steam but two of my mates did and they told me about dayz commander so yeah doing what i said will work for ya.

Very helpful! Im gettin a new PC within the next 2 weeks specifcally for Arma II and the mods it has. So you should be seeing me around soon :)

Very helpful! Im gettin a new PC within the next 2 weeks specifcally for Arma II and the mods it has. So you should be seeing me around soon :)

Don't know if this issue is specific to me or the people you mentioned but there is an option that you can check or uncheck in Dayzcommander that says launch using Steam. Any time I have that enabled I get a script error. Mentioning this in case you have trouble with commander. I bought Arma2 through Steam but Steam doesn't need to be running to have commander launch the game.