Sign in to follow this  
SxyClutch

Oops something went wrong

Hey guys,

Having some massive issues. Hopefully someone can help. Here is what's going on.

I've been playing Dayz almost since launch. This last patch really screwed me over. I updated to 1.7.6 and got in a few servers I play on, everything was fine. Went to bed, the next morning I am unable to join ANY server. It always says "Oops something went wrong, please disconnect and try again". OR "You are running version 1.7.6.1 and the server you are trying to join is 1.7.6-finalising".

- I've completely removed both ARMA and ARMAOA

- Completely removed Six launcher and Dayz Commander

- Removed all MODS I installed, dayz, rmod, things like that

After doing all of that I reinstalled dayz latest mod, reinstalled six and dayzcommander and had it update to the latest revisions which is 1.7.6.1 with Beta 102285. This still did not work, still unable to join any servers.

So I manually installed the mod and the beta, and changed steam to launch beta, still nothing.

- I then got desperate and completely wiped my fucking HDD (reinstalled OS, it was time for it anyways)

- Redownloaded ARma and Arma OA

- Redownloaded DayZ commander and updated to latest revisions

- Redownloaded six launcher and used that to try and update also.

- Tried rolling back BETA patches and DAyz Mod version and still can't connect.

Still I can't connect to any fucking servers. I have no idea whats going on.

Are you running the correct version? There was a patch and also a hotfix recently so double check.

Edited by Fraggle

When I open DayZ commander it shows I'm running 1.7.6.1 (Latest) and ARMA 2 102285 (Latest). Now on arma's Beta website there is a Latest version of 102591. I tried installing this also but it doesn't work. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php . When I open ARMA from Steam or from Expansions/Beta folder, Arma loads and says on the bottom right hand corner that I'm running 1.62.102591. this doesn't make any sense, because I've manually updated it. When I change to 102285 Arma reflects that in the bottom right corner. Whenever I click on a Join game in PSW it says "You are currently running a wrong version of the mod, do you want to continue?) But I know i'm not. I've tried downloaded the mod from PSW, DayZ commander, the Torrent, and the manual site, and then Dragged and dropped the files. No luck.

I can't seem to rolleback to the 1.7.6 final version either which is stopping me from playing certain servers. A helpful step by step guide will probably be required soon with someone with knowledge on this. Current one's are bad

Hi,

Okay I had a similar issues when trying to connect to my Public Hive (DE 4265). It was recently upgraded to 1.7.6.1 and I would connect, then I would get a "oops something went wrong.." error.

I then tried to connect to my Private Hive (which is running 1.7.6) and I was able to connect without any issues. Now I know they are different, but I was trying to see if it was Arma2 that was the problem (i.e. client side) or the server.

I then recreated my pbo file from "http://www.silentspy...ion-generator/" and uploaded it to the server ... restarted the server ... and viola. I am able to connect, all my tents are still there ... I am not getting kicked for eating and stuff and everything seems to be working.

Those that want to test against my server:

DE 4265 - 88.198.248.111:2352 (v1.7.6.1/101747)

I hope this helps ... it worked for me and seemed to be a server side issue.

Edit: As soon as I resolved this ... my server peaked up to 40/40 servers almost immediately. :D

Edited by novogeek

Hi,

Okay I had a similar issues when trying to connect to my Public Hive (DE 4265). It was recently upgraded to 1.7.6.1 and I would connect, then I would get a "oops something went wrong.." error.

I then tried to connect to my Private Hive (which is running 1.7.6) and I was able to connect without any issues. Now I know they are different, but I was trying to see if it was Arma2 that was the problem (i.e. client side) or the server.

I then recreated my pbo file from "http://www.silentspy...ion-generator/" and uploaded it to the server ... restarted the server ... and viola. I am able to connect, all my tents are still there ... I am not getting kicked for eating and stuff and everything seems to be working.

Those that want to test against my server:

DE 4265 - 88.198.248.111:2352 (v1.7.6.1/101747)

I hope this helps ... it worked for me and seemed to be a server side issue.

Edit: As soon as I resolved this ... my server peaked up to 40/40 servers almost immediately. :D

This didn't work for me. Still same thing Oops something went wrong. I've done literally everything i've read online. I am completely unable to play dayz. And I blame the piece of whiny shit gamers who complained to Rocket that the "cans aren't realistic", so he had to change the mod.