Sign in to follow this  
tuchmaipp

mod: close thread ty

60 FoV isnt what i would call immersive, Its nauseating, though maybe if you had one eye.

60 FoV isnt what i would call immersive' date=' Its nauseating, though maybe if you had one eye.

[/quote']

So you're saying if they increased the defult fov you would be happy to go without the TPV?:angel:

stop trying to ruin the game for people who like 3rd person' date=' go on a fpv server and stfu.

[/quote']

If only it was that simple, maybe if we had a list which servers do and which do not allow 3rd person, vision aid... etc. bullshit, it would be alot easier and we would not need to have this kind of discussions so often.

Personally, i've been killed many times with someone abusing this "peak around the corner with 3rd person view" tactic, before i noticed the server had 3rd person cam on. But still if it was up to me, i would split the servers for those who want to use 3rd person and for those who dont.

60 FoV isnt what i would call immersive' date=' Its nauseating, though maybe if you had one eye.

[/quote']

i dont see how FoV has anything to do with this thread. FoV is something that is altered on the individual level, just like brightness and gamma. i hear players all the time in chat complaining the game is too dark and they cant see two feet in front of them while im waltzing around as if it's clear as day. these are settings that players control - settings that the server can't control. TPS is something the server CAN control and disabling it puts all players on equal footing and ensures no unfair advantage over another, at least in respect to how the player views the world.

There are times I really get tired of people trying to tell everyone how they have to play a game. You feel like it is cheating when you use tpv, so take it away from all servers for every player. Yeah, that's fair.

Not all of us who use tpv use it for exploiting, not even close. I use tpv as the game just plays so much smoother in it. If I want to play third person, I join a server that allows it. If I do join a server that has enforced 1st person, I don't whinge about it or complain, I just get on with playing.

You have the option of servers, use that choice. Stop trying to make everyone else play your way just because you think we will all be using it cheaply. I love the look of this game in tpv, I love all my open world games in tpv if possible, it just plays so well. Switch to 1st person and it's still great,especially in combat, but for just searching and exploring, tpv just feels so natural.

Why do people want to remove other people's options every chance they get? Next you'll be saying "well i is pro and i play with full head bob on, so everyone else shoud too to make the playing field level."

There are times I really get tired of people trying to tell everyone how they have to play a game. You feel like it is cheating when you use tpv' date=' so take it away from all servers for every player. Yeah, that's fair.

Not all of us who use tpv use it for exploiting, not even close. I use tpv as the game just plays so much smoother in it. If I want to play third person, I join a server that allows it. If I do join a server that has enforced 1st person, I don't whinge about it or complain, I just get on with playing.

You have the option of servers, use that choice. Stop trying to make everyone else play your way just because you think we will all be using it cheaply. I love the look of this game in tpv, I love all my open world games in tpv if possible, it just plays so well. Switch to 1st person and it's still great,especially in combat, but for just searching and exploring, tpv just feels so natural.

Why do people want to remove other people's options every chance they get? Next you'll be saying "well i is pro and i play with full head bob on, so everyone else shoud too to make the playing field level."

[/quote']

there are times i really get tired of people using this argument. just because you don't abuse third person view (good on you i guess) doesnt mean other people wont. the option is there, and people take it. to you, it's aesthetic. to others, cheatview is incorporated into their playstyle, and it is used to gain advantage whenever applicable.

Third person makes it a lot easier to assess your surroundings.

In real life, your eyes can move around in your head and give you a better view of your surroundings.

In real life, your ability to lean around a corner is not statically set.

In real life, I'd do a damn good job of having as little of a profile visible when looking out of cover if I think someone is around a corner, or in a building.

Sure the engine lets you move your head around freely, but it doesn't allow you to keep in cover and spy on people.

Hell, the game also doesn't even allow you to move without making any noise at all.

I'm for third person.

The fact is, it is an option atm as some servers have it, others don't. If you don't like it, don't join servers that have it and leave those of us who enjoy it as we are.

Guys, first of all, you really can't argue that anyone has an unfair advantage over others by using 3rd person view while EVERYBODY can use it at will. If they used a hack to have 3rd person view on veteran servers, that would be an unfair advantage. But as long as everybody can use it at will, it simply isn't unfair. If you don't like using it because you're looking at it as cheating, play on veteran servers.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the 3pv in Arma/DayZ. The 1st person view is way too... I dunno. It just doesn't feel good. It's very clunky, I can live with that as long as I only have to use it in gunfights, but if I had to run around with it all the time, I probably wouldn't play anymore, just because the game plays way smoother in 3rd person.

Third person makes it a lot easier to assess your surroundings.

In real life' date=' your eyes can move around in your head and give you a better view of your surroundings.

In real life, your ability to lean around a corner is not statically set.

In real life, I'd do a damn good job of having as little of a profile visible when looking out of cover if I think someone is around a corner, or in a building.

Sure the engine lets you move your head around freely, but it doesn't allow you to keep in cover and spy on people.

Hell, the game also doesn't even allow you to move without making any noise at all.

I'm for third person.

[/quote']

hey, i can do this too.

In real life, I couldn't look over a wall without looking.

In real life, I couldn't look down a tower without looking.

In real life, I couldn't look around a corner to see if a guy is waiting for me without looking.

In real life, I dont get rid of the shakes and pain with painkillers, i simply go into third person. oh, er..

Guys' date=' first of all, you really can't argue that anyone has an unfair advantage over others by using 3rd person view while EVERYBODY can use it at will. If they used a hack to have 3rd person view on veteran servers, that would be an unfair advantage. But as long as everybody can use it at will, it simply isn't unfair. If you don't like using it because you're looking at it as cheating, play on veteran servers.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the 3pv in Arma/DayZ. The 1st person view is way too... I dunno. It just doesn't feel good. It's very clunky, I can live with that as long as I only have to use it in gunfights, but if I had to run around with it all the time, I probably wouldn't play anymore, just because the game plays way smoother in 3rd person.

[/quote']

...i already argued this point which was on the first page of the thread. i dont even know why you bothered to post. i'm also pretty sure you did not read the first post, or view the youtube vid linked before formulating a response. just watching the youtube vid starting at 1:27 is some pretty damning evidence why cheatview does not help you in just any situation.

TL;DR

People that want to play with third person view are allowed to, people that want to play in first person view are allowed to. Whine more, play less.

Is there any way to play with third person but without pan and scan

Yes currently EU 7 and NY 2 run 3rd person without the crosshair (No names pop up). Its up to the server provider really.

I struggle to believe no US based servers are running FPV only, but if more are wanted I think Jonnerz said in another thread he was putting up a new US based box with 2-4 server capacity. Maybe ask him nicely for a FPV Veteran server.

Requirements:

ArmA II: CO

DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)

Balls

Allow me to genralise the pro TPVers. "It makes our lives easier and we don't have the balls to be immersed in someone elses game. Please don't try to use reson or sense we have non."

We see your point of view. I don't think you really see ours though, given the responses. The OP felt like he cheated himself out of a feeling of worth. You assume we are trying to stop you from playing a TPV. I'm asking what place does it have in a game like this, beyond some girly emotional attachment...

Guys' date=' first of all, you really can't argue that anyone has an unfair advantage over others by using 3rd person view while EVERYBODY can use it at will. If they used a hack to have 3rd person view on veteran servers, that would be an unfair advantage. But as long as everybody can use it at will, it simply isn't unfair. If you don't like using it because you're looking at it as cheating, play on veteran servers.

[/quote']

...i already argued this point which was on the first page of the thread. i dont even know why you bothered to post. i'm also pretty sure you did not read the first post, or view the youtube vid linked before formulating a response. just watching the youtube vid starting at 1:27 is some pretty damning evidence why cheatview does not help you in just any situation.

I watched it. That situation sucks, but so what? If he was crouching there, those guys wouldn't have seen him either. They MIGHT have seen him when they got there, but that's just speculation. It might be unfair in some situations, but anyone can use it like that. They could have used 3rd person view to look over their shoulders and they would have seen him, and maybe one of them could have gotten away. IMO, each view mode has its advantages, and it's up to the player what to use.

Also, the real life argument is invalid, as in real life I'm surely not as clunky as in this game. I'm not as limited.

In my opinion, as long as the first person view is like this - hard to use as in clunky, simply turning it off generally is no option. And as it probably will stay like this forever, why not just leave it up to the players how they wish to play? Those, who think 3rd person view is cheating, can play on veteran servers, and those who like it like that play normal servers.

Also, I'm allowed to post it anyway, as it's my own opinion. Why wouldn't I post what I think about this?

Edit: First quote, y u no work?

Note that you can do the same trick using vegetation. You hide behind, let's say a bush, and then you use third person view to look around it. You only popup when you think the enemy is looking away or is in a bad position. In other words, third person view is cheating like hell.

Since this is PvP, I use third person view whenever it's available to get an edge over the opponent. But I don't mind it at all when the server has it turned off. I actually prefer playing on servers where it's turned off, so that I don't have to worry about people cheating.

Is there any way to play with third person but without pan and scan

Yes currently EU 7 and NY 2 run 3rd person without the crosshair (No names pop up). Its up to the server provider really.

I struggle to believe no US based servers are running FPV only' date=' but if more are wanted I think Jonnerz said in another thread he was putting up a new US based box with 2-4 server capacity. Maybe ask him nicely for a FPV Veteran server.

[/quote']

Jonnerz, be a dear :)

i love use crooshair and 3rd person camera

iff you want have and advantage use that

Honestly, I would like the "pan and scan" and crosshairs turned off, but leave TPV. There's simply no way I can walk 10 miles in first person view. I would throw up. This engine treats you as if you're Michael J. Fox. I carry a shotgun or rifle around every day for work, and I don't jiggle around like I'm McFly trying to shave his pubes.

I travel destination-to-destination in third person, then when I hit a town, or come in to contact with someone, I hit first person so I can engage them.

Yes, I have head bobbing on zilch. The models still move like their joints are made of Slinkys.

Which you get over, and accustomed to after playing Arma, however, you are not normally jogging for 30 minutes in your standard Arma experience.

I only play on Veteran servers due to advantages gained by using 3d view. As long as there are plenty of veteran servers around I don't mind people using it on regular servers. Still I don't think this mod should have 3D view as an option at all..

I just wish there were more veteran servers. (not a complaint' date=' i have deep respect for those paying for servers so we can play.)

[/quote']

I'll play on a "Regular" server when I can't get into a Veteran one and am grateful for all the server hosts that have put them up.

There are some veteran servers out there. This just taken a few minutes ago:

veteran_servers.jpg

I think at least part of the problem is that like many of the new players there are new server hosts too that don't realize the difference between Reg and Vet. They take "Regular" because it's the default. Hopefully more will realize the difference and make informed choices in the future.

Meanwhile show your support for Veteran (or Regular) servers by playing on them when you can, letting the server admins know you like the mode they have chosen and if they are asking for donations be sure to include a little note why you are supporting that server/mode when you shoot off a little cash.

I think more servers would become veteran if they knew how much of the player base preferred it.

Even without that list, getting on a server with options you like is easy:

Join a server. If it has the options you like, write the name of the server down. Next time you play the game, join the same server. If it's full, try another until you find another server with the options you prefer. Write the name of that server down too. Now you have two servers to choose from. Rinse and repeat.